Looking for seeds of native plants

Büllingen, Belgium(Zone 6b)

I prefer to grow native (non hybrids) plants from all over the world.
Although I already obtained quite a lot of seeds, I'm still searching for new ones.
I would like to grow perennials that are at least hardy to zone 6, or annuals that can be grown in my zone.
You can have a look at my website to see what I have for you in return www.seedsite.eu ALL my seeds are available for trading.
Not everything I grew this year is listed there yet, so please let me know what you're looking for. I'll also have a look at your want list to see if I can offer you anything in return.

Jonna

Townsville, Australia(Zone 10a)

I have some justicia betonica seeds not native to Oz and my euphorbia has set seed again not native here it has scented flowers, the cestrum nocturnum (night scented jasmine) s also setting seeds. Actually I have a mountain load of seeds of lots of things if you are interested...

Euphorbia leucocephala
http://www.selby.org/index.php?src=photo&srctype=display&pos=97,1,121&ref=Plants%20of%20the%20Week&category=Plants

Hi Annette,

The plants you name in your mail are beautifull, but unfortunately not cold hardy here.
But I had a look at your have list and there are seeds on it, which I can (try) grow here:

Abelmoschus moschatus (red)
Berlandiera lyrata
Browallia americana
Pycnanthemum pilosum
Salvia verbenacea
Salvia virgata
Scuttelaria tournefortii

From your want list I only have Cuphea lanceolata. And I will be for sure be able to harvest seeds from the Salvia roemeriana and the Salvia columbarieae. The Salvia patens Royal blue might be a problem. It's setting hardly seeds and collecting at the right time is very difficult. Every year I have the same problem with this plant. I can hardly save enough seeds to grow them myself the next year. In Australia it's a perennial, but here I have to grow it as an annual.
Maybe it will set seeds better in the 2nd year.
I can also save seeds of the Salvia microphylla and the Salvia sclarea turkestanica if you're interested.

And just harvested, but not on my website yet:
- Androsace lactaea
- Anthyllis vulneraria coccinea
- Aquilegia caerulea colorado
- Arctotis fastuosa Zulu Prince
- Campanula thyrsoides
- Centaurea cyanus red
- Cerinthe major Yellow gem
- Chrysanthemum paludosum
- Corydalis ochreuleucum
- Corydalis sempervirens
- Dianthus deltoides Arctic fire
- Dicentra spectabilis Alba
- Draba sakurai
- Emilia javanica
- Erodium trifolium
- Geranium sikkonianum
- Geranium rubescens
- Geranium striatum Splish Splash
- Globularia repens
- Heuchera Greenfinch
- Horminium pyrenaicum
- Lamium galeobdolon
- Lamium garganiucum laevigatum
- Lychnis yunnanensis
- Malcomia maritima
- Mertensia pterocarpa
- Nemesia cheiranthus
- Phacelia campanularia
- Phacelia purshii
- Phyteuma scheuzeri
- Saxifraga umbrosa
- Scorzonera suberosa cariensis
- Silene dioica
- Silene orientalis
- Thermopsis caroliana
- Trifolium incarnata
- Vaccaria hispanica
- Viola papilionacea

Let me know if you can find enough on my list to trade for.

Jonna

Jonna
I have everything you are chasing bar the berlandia, I have got tons of other stuff as well not listed, I will go through and see what tempts you.

What is Lamium garganiucum laevigatum just googled and nothing coming up.

My tradelist is way out of date lol, will work on updating soon.

Will dmail you soon,

Annette

Jonna do you still have the cuphea firefly????

I still have the Cuphea firefly.

The Lamium garganicum laevigatum is a native from the middle and east part of Europe. It's not cultivated, so you can hardly find it. The picture is made in my garden.

http://data.gbif.org/species/16250862/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18486371

Thumbnail by JonnaSudenius

Awesome definately will have some of those.,love the lamiaceae family as you know....

Yes, it's a beauty. It's my favourite Lamium. It can be used as a ground coverer. If you cut them of after flowering, they will flower for a long time.
Don't know how this one will do in your climate. Keep it in shade (here it's in partial shade).
Most Lamiums prefer shade or partial shade.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.