Sluggo

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

This is supposed to be an effective non-harmful "final solution" for slugs. It has some kind of iron based chemistry that breaks down into fertilizer. I have slugs everywhere; my hostas look like lace.

Lebanon, OR

I do that as well as egg shells...I put the egg shells in the oven for a few to dry the membrane and the crush fine and ring the hosta and no snails, slugs and safe. Sluggo is very safe.

D

South Hamilton, MA

I know it is used at siberian garden Joe Pye Weed.

Galesburg, MI(Zone 6a)

Works very well. I sometimes catch my chihuahua sneaking pellets off the ground when I am not looking and never had any ill effect.

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

It was recommended by Ensata Gardens also. Eggshells? That sounds interesting. Temp and time?

North Shore of L. I., NY(Zone 6b)

I used Sluggo for the first time this year. It has really made a big difference. I really have to recommend it.

Bakersfield, CA

The most effective slug/snail treatment for me has been Deadline. Everything else just didn't cut it. I have six cats plus one stray that I feed, and they totally stay away from those little dark circles I draw around my plants (or huge ovals I put around entire beds). So there's no problem with my pets. And every time I use it (usually twice a year), I come out the next morning and look at the dozens and dozens of little bodies all around my lines. I have overhead sprinklers that run every day in the summer and it's still effective weeks later!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.