My garden is a butterfly heaven.

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

My pipevine plants that were eaten to the ground are coming back strong and beautiful, we shall see how long they last.

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

I'd like to get some passion vine. May check the trading sight

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Linda...they use the Milkweed as their host plant, same as Monarchs and the chrysalis looks identical to the Monarchs.
I have a lot of the Blue Crown Passion vine popping up in the beds. I do believe I have some potted already, but would dig in a minute if you are coming this way. If not, please try to make our Round Up in Arlington on Oct 10th Noonish. We would love to see you again.
Btw, where do you think you will be moving to? Closer I hope.

Crit....I would send you some tomorrow if I thought it would survive. This heat would do a number on a plant. Wait until spring and tap me on the shoulder then.

Sounds good Sheila. I will DM you my address, so maybe one of us will remember. teehee

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Ok hope so!

Granbury, TX(Zone 7b)

Sheila,
I will be in Fort Worth to see my uncle who lives near you tomorrow. If you're going to be home I'd love to drop by and pick gfup s pv. Do you need any gf cats or mist flower?

We're moving back to Colorado. Going to live in a high rise condo near downtown Denver. My gardening will consist of volunteering at the Denver Botanic Gardens which is only a few blocks away, helping my daughter in her yard and perhaps a little guerilla gardening. It will be a huge change and leaving the yard here will be very hard but getting to be near the kids is important to us.

Linda

This message was edited Aug 21, 2010 1:10 PM

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

That sounds like a great retirement location when getting close to family.
I have the mistflower, but will take some of your GF caterpillars off your hands. I will check on the PV and have some available for you. Sending a message to your private email.....please go back and delete that...can't be too careful.

What's happened to everyone. Miss talking to you

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Still here Crit....probly on another thread on this forum or the TX gardening one. Still waiting on those Monarchs to come down.

(Carey) Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

crit - I can't remember which forum I was in when I told you I'd take some PV cuttings to send you when I rooted them. Well, since I just accidentally snapped some growth from my incarnata, looks like I'm getting an early start. :) I will put your name on it when I get it in a more permanent container! (FYI, this is one of the gulf frit's host PVs otherwise known as the 'maypop') I still have cats on parts of the incarnata and the other PVs on the deck and around it.

Cool careyana. I got one start, but have several places I want to put it. Thanks SO much. I will DG you my address.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.