Simplyclems

Puyallup, WA

I have tried about ten times to get on that site and each time a pop-up comes on saying I need a username and password. is there some trick or am I just ignorant? ( Thats a possibility). Karen

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Same for me both when I go to simplyclems.com and when I go to the Clematis cubit on cubits.org. I'm guessing that it's the server for simplyclems sending the message and that that server is also called when you load her cubit (maybe for the Clematis database). I sent a c-mail to Evey asking about it over a week ago and haven't received a response.

Puyallup, WA

Rather frustrating. I've tried from 2 different computers. I see you are in Woodinville,Katie. Lucky you to be so close to Molbacks. Karen

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Evey fixed it for a little bit, and then it started again.

No, there's no trick to it.

Last I spoke with Evey, she will not be selling clems on the internet. She said she did well at the local show, and that's what she was going to concentrate on. She did say her other products on her website were selling well.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Apparently the problem IS with the Simply Clems server:

http://cubits.org/cubits/thread/view/28681/

Try silverstarvinery.com. Only 50% of the clematis I got from Simply Clems survived 50% and I think that may be an issue with the change in climate from there to here. Silver Star Vinery has a climate more similar to ours.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Moot point since she is no longer selling over the internet, unless you're driving to Louisiana. But all mine did excellent, and she had some realy hard to find varieties. I got some very unique ones from her. At a great price.

And they bloomed true to name, which I allowed them to bloom, as I just had to see them, and then cut off the flower buds to allow energy to go to the new plant.

But since we cannot buy from Evey anymore, I guess we need to look elsewhere, anyway.

Thanks for the suggestion Katie.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Moot if you take the point literally, Polly. But it's good practical advice for ordering anything from a different location in the country. I just wanted to make that clear to shellimac for future reference.

^_^

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Always best to buy from a location with similar growing conditions if you can. You are so right about that, Katie.

Lothair, MT(Zone 4a)

I get the same login pop up over and over....

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

It doesn't look like it'll be fixed any time soon. You should be able to just cancel out of it and then navigate around the site.

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

katie59, your cubit link above won't work for most people as it's a Cubit owner only forum. (whoops, wrong forum, never mind)

We get the same pop-up on the cubits she created over there.

This message was edited Aug 9, 2010 10:31 PM

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Thanks, Sue.

I'm not a cubit owner, though, and I can see it . . .

This message was edited Aug 9, 2010 8:46 PM

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

Hmmm, guess I misunderstood that then.

Edited to say: Never mind, I was confused, there is another private one just for cubit owners, I just got the two mixed up.

This message was edited Aug 9, 2010 10:30 PM

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Just so everyone knows the clemcubit is back up again. Calif Sue and Zuzu are running it along with Evey. That is a wonderful group, and there should be no problems from here on.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.