(makshi) Diane Sell

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Diane Sell. makshi passed away July 31, 2010. She just celebrated her 9th anniversary here at Dave's Garden, having signed up July 21st, 2001. She loved plants and gardening even though her health problems prevented her from being extremely active. A generous trader, she loved sharing seeds and plants with newbies and was always happily participating in the trading threads. She was an animal lover too, and was a well-loved fixture over in the Pets Forum where she loved hearing about the furry family members of all of us. She will be greatly missed by everyone who knew her.

Thumbnail by melody
Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Diane certainly did love to share both her plants and herself. I will treasure the things I got from her. I will also treasure the memory of a lovely and generous lady. She will be sorely missed. My best to her family and friends.
Bev

(Zone 7a)

I didn't know Diane very well, but enjoyed the few trades, threads and dmails that we did share. One thing that I am going to miss about Diane is that sometimes, she could speak her mind frankly in a context within which not everyone agreed with her - but she was so cute when she did it that the effect was to stimulate an interesting dialog and not a battle.

She was always so pleasant and intelligent, no matter how much others might deviate from that standard. And always her voice enriched the common passion for flowers and all things beautiful in nature that this website shares.

Andy, please accept my sympathy for your loss. Your mom will be very much missed by many in the DG community.

Karen

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

I will miss her and her very big heart. She loved plants and loved to share her plants with others. I am sorry for her loss and will keep her family in my prayers.
Love,
Susan

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

I didn't participate in the swaps but would like to lurk and read the fun posts and really enjoyed Mashki's posts. Sometimes its hard to get someone's personality through internet typing but others really come across well.

My thoughts and prayers are with her family for their loss.

Hamilton, OH

I didn't know Diane, but she sounds like a wonderful person, my thought's & parayers go out too the family

Elizabeth

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Makshi was a generous and tender-hearted soul, always reaching out to share something of herself, whether with a humorous observation or an offer of plants or seeds. She's part of the heart of this community. She'll be missed so much by so many... but she'll also be remembered with a smile.

Thumbnail by critterologist
Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

I can't agree more. Well said.
Hugs,
Sue

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

Makshi really was "a part of the heart of the community". I'm seeing posts in her honor all over the DG community--a tribute to the contributions she made, and her kind soul. She will always be remembered as a good friend to many.

Eastern MA, MA

Sending my sympathy, thoughts and prayers to family and friends. TJ

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

She was a beautiful soul and a lovely lady - she will be missed.

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

I am so sad to see a good soul and lover of nature leave this world. The sorrow is for the ones who knew and loved her and will miss her so much. She was an asset to Dave's and her presence will be missed.

Bonnie

Virginia Beach, VA(Zone 7b)

Sorry to hear of her passing. My prayers for Diane and her family.

Linda

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Andy, I am praying for healing for you and your family in your time of loss. Your Mom was a beautiful lady and loved by many at Dave's! Her love of flowers and animals and her spirit of sharing resonated in the posts I have seen from her. She will be greatly missed by her friends here...

Kelly

Ottawa, IL(Zone 9a)

My thoughts & prayers are with her family, she will surely be missed, what a lovely lady.

MrsBonnie

(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

Andy,
Your mom was a wonderful generous hearted soul.She was loved by many here and we will cherish the memories.

Lynn

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Diane, thank you for your very generous heart. I will treasure the seeds you sent me. You were so loved here and will be missed. Just wish you could have seen the huge SuperSteak tomato I picked yesterday off the plant I grew from your seeds!

Claudia

Lyndonville, NY

Ohhh, this just grabbed my heart big time.

I am so sorry to hear of our dear friends passing, many times she would send me d-mails of comfort, love or advice....

Edited to add: I was in a Christmas Ornament swap with her a few years ago....I certainly have a dear treasure. A glass Angel ornament in a blue globe

My condolences to her family and friends....Heaven certainly has a new Beautiful Angel

Debbie

This message was edited Aug 1, 2010 4:55 PM

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

I'm so very sorry to hear of makshi's passing. I also traded with her and one day sent her a large box of craft magazines I needed to share.

I remember when she changed her name and we all had to guess what her new name meant. Sweet, sweet lady!

Bartlesville, OK(Zone 6a)

oh, I am so sad to hear this. she was a wonderful lady! :'(

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

When I first came to DG and as a newbie, met her and her generous heart. She shared seeds with me many times, and always put in a lovely note with them. I will miss her and her generous spirit.

Pinellas Park, FL(Zone 9b)

Andy
I am so sorry for you loss. I just lost my Mom too on July 17th and it is very hard so I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Jan...

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Honeybee, Honeybee - gone but not forgotten...

I am growing her Red Cup Tomato this year and will add her to my Memory Garden next year.

You have my deepest condolences at your loss. Truly a lovely lady!

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

I really did not know her, but its sad that we lost someone who was kind and loving. From what everyone has posted I'm sure I would of loved her also.

My prayers are with the family and ask them to remember that she is now in God's garden and having a good time.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Though I did not know her, I am truly sadden to hear of her passing. She and her family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Aquene kah nahonnushagk (Peace and farewell),
WautuckquesSochepo (SnowRabbit)

Ocean Springs, MS

I will miss you, Makshi!
You were so generous and thoughtful after I lost everything to Katrina! Heaven is so blessed to have such a beautiful angel in the garden! Love you and will surely miss you.
Julie

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

I'm so sorry that Makshi is no longer with us. But I am thrilled to know that she is once again whole and in no pain. I saw her posts frequently and thought of her as a regular - kind, pleasant, upbeat, and humble. Traits we could all learn to exhibit more.

My heart goes out to your family, Makshi, who, I'm sure is missing you very deeply. I'll keep them all in my heart - they were indeed fortunate to have a mother and relative such as you.

Kathy

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

My thoughts and prayers are with you Andy, your mother had a wonderful generous spirit and will be greatly missed.

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Andy I am sorry for loss. Your mom was greatly loved here on DG and will be remebered always for her kindness and generosity.

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

I am so sorry for your loss. Your mom was so sweet to trade a very generous amount of canna seeds with me. Her memories live on in my garden.

Mint Hill, NC(Zone 7a)

I am so sorry to hear of her passing. I like many others had a wonderful trade(s) with Makshi.
She will be missed =(

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Thank you guys, for all of the kind things.
I can barely type, I am bawling.
My mom was tenacious, and loving and so full of life.
She smiled at everyone, and was so kind to everyone, even though a lot of folks would look away from her, even the neighbors, because she was in a wheelchair, had oxygen, whatever.
I called her my Lil' Frankenstein, with so much love, because she was put together so often.
If I take anything from her passing, besides a broken heart and seared soul, it is the knowledge that every moment may be your last with that someone.
PLEASE, sit with your mom if you get a chance (MAKE THAT CHANCE), hold her hand, hug your dad, laugh at a stupid joke, just SHARE with your loved ones.
I thought, foolishly, that my mom would be by my side forever, that we would both pass away in a nursing home sometime in 2035.
It is not plannable.
Love that special someone today, please.
For me and my mom.

Andy Simmons (pic of mom, a couple years ago, helping to vac those slippery Magnolia blossoms LOLOL)

Thumbnail by makshi
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Beautiful, Andy! Your Mom was so blessed to have such a sweet son! I'm sure you miss her terribly, but she will live forever in your heart!

Central, ME(Zone 5a)

Andy,
It goes without saying that we will all miss your MOM.
I most recently traded her tomato seeds for canna seeds, which I have never grown in Maine.
They are now growing in my garden, and each year I plant them out, I will think of her and smile that I had a chance to share in her life.
Cyndie

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Years ago she sent me amarillis seeds I thought she was nuts, I have had beautiful blooms and will cherish them as long as They last.
She will be missed.

Lavina

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

She will be Greatly Missed!!

(((Andy)))

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

A great lady and always ready to do what she could. I'll miss her.

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

So sorry for your loss ,
God bless you and family

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

So sorry for your loss and your advice to everyone is wonderful one never knows. i had traded with hrr .. she was wonderful kind lady..

Mesilla Park, NM

Andy, I am sorry for your loss..regards to you and your family.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.