Makshi/DIane

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

Andy sent this to me

makshi
Noblesville, IN
(Zone 5a)

Sat, July 31, 2010
10:09 AM
I wanted to let you know that my mother, Diane/Makshi, passed away this morning.
She loved this Forum, and cared about many of you.
She has been sick for a while.
Can you please let me know what my mom was sending you and I would be happy to get it out as soon as I can.
Please e-mail me at masinindy@aol.com.
Thank you for making her life a little better. :)

Her son,

Andy Simmons

This message was edited Jul 31, 2010 10:37 AM

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

Oh how sad. I didn't correspond with her, but I saw her posts from previous years! What a loss.
{{{{hugs}}}}

Thanks to Andy for letting us know and you, too, Marie!

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

I didn't know her either but like Becky, was aware of her many posts.
Very sad news.

(Zone 7a)

Andy, I am so sorry for your loss.

I didn't know your mom well, but we did exchange a couple of dmails about some mg seeds I sent her. The first was short and cordial in which she let me know she had gotten the seeds.

The second was also cordial, but rather long, as your mom patiently allowed me to make a pest out of myself while I tried to find out some information on the labels I had written on seed packets she had long forgotten receiving from me.

Understand that no one can read my labels anyway, as my tiny script compresses tons of unreadable data on those labels. But your mom was patient and very nice until I finally ran out of pesky questions about those long forgotten labels.

She sure did love her flowers. She once posted that if she had 5 acres, she still wouldn't have enough room to grow all the flowers she wanted to grow (don't remember which forum, though). Folks, especially in this forum, can certainly identify with that sentiment.

Many of us on DG will miss her very much.

Marie, thank you for letting us know.

Karen

ps - I have contacted Joan in the Memory forum, and she said that she will begin a memory thread for Makshi shortly.

(Zone 7a)

Melody has started a thread for Makshi in the Memory forum - http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1120069/

(I thought I posted this earlier - if anyone sees it somewhere else, would you dmail me?)

Karen

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.