Oleander Forum

Inland S.E QLD , Australia

To all you Oleander lovers out there,we now have an Oleander Forum.
Judy

Thumbnail by brical1
Clifton Springs, Australia

That is a beautiful colour..Judy..definitely chocolate box pretty.

barmera, Australia

They really are lovely Judy. Mine aren't flowering at the moment. Colleen

Thanks Dianne and Colleen. Too cool just yet to see any Oleander flowers ...hopefully in the next couple of months.

Great news Judy! I bought some seeds back from Junee.
From now on I will be looking for seeds on the local trees around here, never thought of doing that before.
There are some really lovely ones around this area, pale pinks that flourish through the heat ...I like the pink and whites together.
people don't talk about the fragrances but they do have a perfume, some stronger than others.
The double white is baby talc ...lovely.

West of Brisbane, Australia

That oleander perfume has so far eluded me. I've been sniffing any I've come across (surprisingly few growing here or on sale) and have yet to smell any fragrance, but Judy's lovely double yellow cutting is alive and well and due to flower in summer: I can't wait :-)

BTW, does the double-yellow have a name? I reckon it deserves one!

I stopped by the local nursery today and saw three varieties of oleanders, none of them labelled as fragrant, and none in flower so I couldn't have a sniff.
(1) A dwarf pink, said to grow up to 1.5m.
(2) A semi-double white called Madonna.
(3) Another semi-double white called Madoni grandiflorum--you can see the label here: http://www.choiceplants.com.au/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_images.tpl&product_id=7313&category_id=11&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1&vmcchk=1&Itemid=1

Chrissy,I can share seeds with you if interested.
Cestrum,your best bet would be to wait until they come into flower.. the fragrance is more noticeable during the hottest part of the day.

Thumbnail by brical1

The problem is that there were only a few pots left, so might not be any left by the time they flower ...

Cestrum,you will probably find they will have more in when they are due to flower as that's when they will sell for sure.

Thumbnail by brical1
rosetta TASMANIA, Australia

sorry brical,found 'oliander' to be as slow as my wage rises,so i got rid of it--shame i couldnt do the same thing with my job,-

This message was edited Aug 22, 2010 4:57 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.