HAPPY BIRTHDAY PIRL!!!!!!!!!

Pinellas Park, FL(Zone 10a)

PIRLY! (taking a deep breath)...Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday Dear Pirly, Haaaaappy Biiiiirthday to you!

I hope your day is/was filled with joy, hope, dirt and flowers!

Thumbnail by queequeg_1
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

With all that breath you could have helped blow out the candles! The Fire Department was standing ready.

Thank you, Carrie, for the lovely dahlia and the good wishes.

The day was filled with balloons from my favorite left coast person, a Karma dahlia and wonderful cupcakes from my daughter, flowers sent by my son and Godiva and cast iron from Jack. We went to a lovely new place for dinner and had a great time with excellent food...and drink.

Thumbnail by pirl
Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Sounds like a lovely celebration - especially the Godiva part. Happy Birthday!
Pretend these are candles for you to blow out LoL.

Thumbnail by soilsandup
New Hyde Park, NY

Hi Pirl,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! It sounds like you had a great day and hope you have a wonderful year ahead!

Carol

Thumbnail by daisy_lee

Thank you, Dianne. Aren't they crocosmia? I have Lucifer and love it. Planted Emily Mc Kenzie and it didn't come up this year. Very belated birthday wishes to you.

Carol - thanks for your good wishes. The next birthday is one of those speed limit ones so I'll enjoy every day until I get there.

West Caldwell, NJ(Zone 6b)

A belated Happy Birthday, pirlene!

Thumbnail by todgor

That's a beauty, Tod!

Did you remember that bigcityAl always called me Pirlene? I miss him!

Thanks for the greeting.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Happy belated B Day Dear Pirl ^_^ Hope you had a luvly, luvly day

(I'm on the wrong puter for pics so imagine a big honking poofy dahlia here)

Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

A belated Happy Birthday, Pirl! Can I offer you Tournament of Roses rose for your birthday?

Thumbnail by Tex68
Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Pirl - yes, those are crocosmias. Not sure what variety. Thanks for the birthday wishes.

Oh, D'nut! I love the dahlia! It's huge, it's magnificent and it's just as special to me as you are.

Thanks, Tex. That was always one of my favorite roses until I killed it, I guess. In 2005 I entered a rose contest (with words, not roses) and won first prize to the Tournament of Roses parade and a four day trip to Pasadena. January 1st is our wedding anniversary so it couldn't have been more perfect. Thank you for the birthday wishes.

Diane - it's so comforting (at my age) to get the right name for the flower!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Here is a REAL poofy dahlia for you Pirl that was pictified tonight ^_^

Thumbnail by dahlianut

It's wonderful, D'nut, and I love it and thank you for it but the earlier one way beyond description!

There are still two cupcakes left if you hurry!

Thumbnail by pirl
Pinellas Park, FL(Zone 10a)

Ooo-Can I have the middle square one? Not sure what kind it is but it looks yummy. Glad you had lots of sweets and those balloons look fun, too!

We ate the middle one for dessert last night - Key Lime = yummy! In fact, we shared three of them!

My attempt to root three cuttings was not a raving success. I did get a few measly roots that didn't form tubers but yesterday I planted them anyhow just to see what they'll do. I marked them with the date I planted them and a ? because I have no idea of the cultivar.

Thumbnail by pirl

Cutting number 3 was from Clearview Arlene, which I didn't even like last year, so why did I even keep it? Anyhow, it's planted now. It was all the new growth at the base that made me believe it was growing well but still there was no sign of any tuber at all.

Thumbnail by pirl
Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

late, but with best wishes...

Thumbnail by jmorth

Thanks, Jack. Love the foliage as well as the flower. Is it any relation to the Bishop of Llandaff?

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

It's designation is something like Silentia.

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

A very happy (if somewhat belated) birthday to you, Pirl!

Thumbnail by JolieB

Thank you, JolieB. I hope all your plants are doing well.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.