WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY TREES

Bridgewater, ME

THIS IS THE APPLE ONLY HALF OF IT GREW.

Thumbnail by green04735
Bridgewater, ME

WHAT IS THAT STUFF COMMING OUT OF THE TREE?Its a pum tree I had two but one died last fall

This message was edited Jul 28, 2010 12:23 PM

Thumbnail by green04735
Bridgewater, ME

MOST OF THE TREE LOOKS DEAD SO I`M LETTING THE SHOOTS UNDER THE TREE GROW UP SO I`LL HAVE MORE TREES,IS THIS A GOOD IDEA?

Thumbnail by green04735
Bridgewater, ME

IS THIS A CHERRY TREE?AND THE LEAVES LOOK LIKE THEY ARE BEING EATEN BY SOMETHING.

Thumbnail by green04735
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Looks like that apple is diseased, have no idea what that funk is that is coming out of it...YUCK

The shoots take away all the energy from the tree.

The cherry looks like it's being eaten by Japanese Beetles you need to look for them...

Bridgewater, ME

So it is a cherry tree, It has been there for 15 years and never a cherry or a blossom.Its a montmorency and its self polenating

This message was edited Jul 28, 2010 12:28 PM

You have a serious problem. Is there a conservation you can go to?

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Def. Japanese beetles eating that Cherry tree!

Atkinson, NH(Zone 5a)

Hi Green04735 : Check with your local County Extension to see what services they have available.

http://extension.umaine.edu/county-offices/

Have a great day,
John

Thumbnail by JWLW
Harwich, MA(Zone 6b)

Do you know if you have winter moth in your area.
Look it up, it has three stages and your first tree, the apple,looks it was eaten by them. They have done a lot of damage on Cape COd. There is a solution, one is put in the ground around the tree, to stop the worms from coming. Also can have it sprayed. You need a good tree man, they arent that expensive. But check "winter worm" too.
Good Luck

Southeastern, NH(Zone 5b)

I'm not sure if this applies to all fruit trees, but I know the cherry tree I have is grafted so any suckers coming up from the base would not be true to the plant and are supposed to be removed. They would most likely be a more wild type because they graft the hybrid tops onto the stronger growing hardy roots. Similar to what happens to roses if the top of the bud union dies you usually get the plain red rose growing after. Know what I mean?

Bridgewater, ME

Yes I know what you mean.This tree was taken from my dads tree years ago.I have a lot of suckers growing up,I`ll cut off all but two just in case the tree dies.I`d really like to know what that glue like stuff is thats comming out of the plum tree

I know that is odd, it looks like sap to me.. but I know plums aren't supposed to have sap so I have no idea..

All trees have sap as they have to live. Only maples produces syrup.

Wow, I didn't know that. Learn something new every day. I had wanted to say it looked like syrup, but I thought the proper term would be sap since that's what they make syrup out of. lol
Could a Plum tree have enough sap to ooze that much?
I know pine trees have lots of sap because I can't get it off my fingers after I touch anything from the pines.

Bridgewater, ME

And it is very hard like plastic

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.