Looking for: helenium, aquilegia, echinacea seeds

's-Gravenhage, Netherlands(Zone 8b)

I'm looking for: helenium, aquilegia, echinacea seeds.

Do you still have some and want to get rid of them: Any species or colour will do!

I have quite an extensive seed list. You will find it here: http://www.freewebs.com/garden-gnomes-adventures/seedlists.htm.
There just might be something there that interests you.

If you would like to trade, please let me know!

I ought to have seeds of Columbine ripe and still on the plant. The flowers are a nice pink, single and double form. Your web site seed list did not load on my phone web browser so I apologize asking if you have anything that is low growing, annual and small flowered?

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Your list does not come up. I have helenium's and will look and see if the seed is ripe. OK?

Maxine

Gerris and Maxine, you have d-mail!

(Zone 7a)

The Blue Ceanothus seeds you sent recently germinated and I am so happy! I would like to receive more if you have them. And I can come up with all 3 of the seed type you want. I have a large amount of Echinacea angustifolia.

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Kim, what is angustifolia echinacea? It thought I knew all the varieties of echinacea?

Are you saving seeds from this plant or do you have pics. of it? I am going to save seeds of Cherry Brandy rudbeckia as it came back here in my climate. Gorgeous coloration of flowers.

Maxine

(Zone 7a)

Maxine,
It's also know as Narrow-leaved Coneflower. Widely used for Tea/medicinal Properties...If interested LMK
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/1988/

Jamaica Plain, MA(Zone 6a)

Can someone tell me what exactly helenium seed looks like? Are all of the little sticks on the central dried flower ball the seed, because I couldn't find anything else? And has anyone grown them from seed? I have wondered if they're fertile, as with all of the hundreds of flowers, none has ever self-seeded in my yard, to my knowledge.
I have Rubenzweig and another red one, though I don't know which is which, and Mardi Gras.(planted together, so may have crossed) I also have a columbine mix, as likely many have cross-pollinated in my yard, and some biedermeier mix from a friends yard.

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Kim, in other words it like the old fashioned cone flower or echinacea? Some of my newer ones are blossoming now and they are not what I ordered. Blossom is like the old fashioned ones.

As to seeds of the helenium, will try and check later to day and see if the seed head is dry enough to gather and then will take pics to post on here.

Maxine

(Zone 7a)

Ummm I'm not sure...as far as the Old fashioned..Just by the different species.

Kim, you have d-mail!

Perenniallyme,

Helenium seeds look like this. You can find them in the flower ball.

Thumbnail by Tuinkabouter
columbia, TN(Zone 7a)

I have green apple, ruby port, yellow songbird, pink songbird, and winky purple aquigelia, also have helenium autumn lolipop blooming now, so should have seeds soon. Annette

gieten, Netherlands

i have for you
echinacea pallida,echinacea ruby star,echinacea ruby giant,echinacea mixed,echinacea pixie meadow brite

Jamaica Plain, MA(Zone 6a)

Tuink, Thanks very much for the photo.

columbia, TN(Zone 7a)

do you want the columbine now or can you wait for the helienium to ripen?

Anette and Marjolein, you have d-mail!

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

I have Helenium 'Mardi Gras'.
Bev

Bev, you have d-mail!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.