Blues blooming now

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I am still trying to get a 3 season thing going in my blue and yellow and white garden, waiting for asters to start but that is more fall...not all the seed from the Forget me Nots took so I only have a couple of those blooming....I do have the Grace Ward Lithodora blooming but that is a ground cover and can't see it from a distance...the only thng going on right now is yellow...sheesh someday I may have all 3 colors blooming at the same time...

So tell me what blues do you have blooming right now????

Thumbnail by flowAjen
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

My Centaurea blue cornflower didn't come back this year...hmmmmmm wonder what happened there???

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Don't know if this counts, but I have some dark purple pansies holding on in a container.
Martha

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

have this blooming now......

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Balloon flowers..really more purple.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Flax

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/botd.php

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Verbena bonariensis (more purple), round two of the balloon flowers and stokes aster 'Peacy's Pick' is nearing the end of its bloom. Some lavender phlox and ROS 'Marina'.

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

And...what about lots of lavenders? Smells great too. There's a plant I like, but have never grown, called veronica--not sure how late it blooms.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Nice ones....I like the photo of the day...Salvia...that black and blue one is on my list for sure

The veronica(speedwell) I have the wild one that was blooming earlier

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

That salvia is what was growing at the cottage......

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

Seems to be really pretty no matter where it is growing. It's going on my 'if I ever have a garden again' list.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Just in from deadheading lavender which seems to have come and gone a little early this year but more still blooming are campanula 'Summertime Blues', veronica 'Blue Charn' after deadheading earlier, agastache 'Black Adder' which has darkened up nicely,a. 'Blue Fortune' is starting up and geranium 'Jolly Bee' is still blooming.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I think the campanula and geranium will get fried in the spot I need it for but agastache is going on my list, thanks!!!!

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

Lobelia? Mine is a little bluish purple.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Lobelia needs a moist soil. This area is a hot dry....need more drought tolerant plants, I guess

Thomaston, CT

This is a tough time of year for blues....I have hydrangea & larkspur blooming...oh, & blue cornflowers...they do well in the sun...cornflowers, that is.

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

I forgot! I have a new blue lace cap hydrangea which is blooming beautifully right now. My son {bless his heart} gave it to me for mother's day. He dug the hole and planted it too!
Martha

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

These are struggling in their secons bloom since deadheading.
Sorry about the blurryones.My macro isnt all that great.
http://picasaweb.google.com/jgentle4/JulyBlues

Westbrook, CT(Zone 6a)

Plumbago
Balloon Flower
and yes (sigh) Morning Glory

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Oh lucky Martha. Is it one of the new re-bloomers? I want to try one next year myself. http://www.gardencrossings.com/plantname/Hydrangea-Lets-Dance-Starlight A nice gift and to do the dirty work for you too,nice!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I forgot to add Double blue Balloon flower and Fugi Blue balloon flower.New plants just set in last week so no blossoms just now.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Jen you need a black & blue salvia... can you get away with a zone 7 plant ya think?

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Jen the forget-me-not you have blooming now is that anchusa? If so what cultivar is it? I was thinking of getting some next year to try. Leaning towards the shorter one Bluestone sells. http://www.bluestoneperennials.com/b/bp/ANFPS.html
Anyone grow this and how does t do here in the northeast?

Thomaston, CT

No, never tried it, but I do like it a lot....last year I grew annual forget-me-not in pink...it did very well, but did not reseed.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

The forget me not was from a wildflower mix.. so don't know the variety, sorry. Reseeds very readily and took some from the wildflower garden and spread it in my other garden

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

My blues are finished, but the lavenders are going strong.....ooops, I forgot ...I do have a blue knight butterfly bush blooming (dark blue) and a couple of blue tradescantia are still blooming; the lavenders are monarda and a butterfly bush next to the monarda in the exact same shade of lavender. The yellow coreopsis next to the blue tradescantia and some lavender still blooming is a pretty sight!

Thumbnail by DonnieBrook
Malvern, PA(Zone 6b)

Ag black adder

Thumbnail by peoniae
Malvern, PA(Zone 6b)

Not very clear in this picture oops!!!!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Louise what is that dark red flower next to the butterfly bush?

hee hee nice stalks!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Nice pix Louise,everyone.

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Um, I think it is just an ordinary one. My son works for a landscaper who had it extra from a job. It is still small, but it was covered with flowers.
Martha

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Thanks, JoAnn. Jen - that is scarlet monarda. It has lasted a really long time.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

My balloon flowers were done a week or two ago - it seems they were early and fast. F-M-N need light to germinate - we discovered after we carefully mulched over a bunch of them. I have torenia still going - it's an annual, does it still count?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.