Try this one.

Drexel Hill, PA(Zone 7a)

that is, if you want a c.b. with tough-as-nails leaves - try Venus.{ not de milo, de heuchera}. lol I really mean it. once they mature, they can actually scratch you ! My kittens can't even chew through them though they certainly do try. the leaves are white , scalloped and overlaid with green netting. as a matter of fact, they survived the worst winter in living memory here in in the most southern point of pa. we had 55 plus inches of snow on the ground at one point I know that's just a drop in the bucket for many gardeners farther north, but around here its about triple the average.it also was a bitterly cold.I have them in partial sun and they seem to like it. Please let me know if there's anyone out there growing this cultivar,and what your experience is.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

I just Googled it. It sure is pretty. Sounds like a tough Heuchera - one to have!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Just cruising thru threads
I LOVE Venus. It has great leaf vaines. The flowers dont rattle my gate but the plant is wonderful.
Sorry I cant find my close up.I will photo my Heucheras this AM when the sun appears.

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

This is Venus. Its so late in the season the poor plant is slug bitten.

Thumbnail by ge1836
Hendersonville, NC(Zone 7a)

I've never seen that cultivar; who sells 'Venus?' Any info appreciated, and thanks- she's beautiful!
Ruth

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I bought mine locally 3 years ago.
I went to Plant Files and found 2 vendors for Venus.
Emenince ( I was disapointed in this vendor)
and Sooner Plants (never used them)
Check out both of these in Garden Watchdog to see comments from DG'ers. Then decide for yourself.

Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

Spartacusaby, the tag on my venus says "the plantage inc." cutchogue, ny 11935. I also got "mystic angel" which appears to be similar.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=7862353

Hendersonville, NC(Zone 7a)

Thanks much: good info for starting a Venus hunt!
Ruth

Bensenville, IL(Zone 5a)

Venus is part of the "Planet Series"...here's a link below I thought you might like to check out...scroll down a bit.

I live in the Chicago area and never found any of the series around here but found Mars while on vacation up in Hayward, WI. Then, this past summer our Jewel grocery store (of all places) had Mars. Of course with my luck, they didn't have any of the others, just the one I already had! So far Mars is doing great!

http://www.darwinplants.com/site/genus.asp?GenusId=Heuchera

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

OOOOOHHHH. I will keep my eyes out for Mars.

Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

No wonder they're out of this world!

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Bump.

Somehow I missed this thread last year. Love that the plant in question came from The Plantage - it's about 4 or 5 miles away. I'll have to stop there one day.

Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

I know, sometimes these older threads are full of info. This is not as busy a forum as some of the others.

Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

Gerogesmom, are your leaves still tough?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.