Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Anyone reconize this iris? I think greenorchid sent it to me but I haven't seen her posting in a looooonnngg time.

P

Thumbnail by bigred
Ellerbe, NC(Zone 8a)

I don't have a clue, but it sure is gorgeous!

Houghton Lake, MI(Zone 4b)

Wow! That is so pretty. I hope someone knows what it is. I will add it to my never ending wish list.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I'm pretty sure I got it from greenorchid....guess I need to d-mail her

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Ah-HA! I went to greenorchids journels and found it..."Bewitchment"...don't know why I didn't think of that at first.

P

Bakersfield, CA

It doesn't look like Bewitchment because the standards are too lavender and Bewitchment has more mauve pink standards. But maybe it's the climate difference...

Thumbnail by Betja
Houghton Lake, MI(Zone 4b)

Oh good, another one for my list. LOL

Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 5b)

yeah... and we all know that sometime a little shade or a cloud can make it look different too! It is pretty..

South Hamilton, MA

or picture difference?

Ellerbe, NC(Zone 8a)

and your monitors color settings!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

could be my cheapy camera too.

Ellerbe, NC(Zone 8a)

I never knew what a difference a camera could make till my DH gave me a new one for my birthday last year. 12 mp with 1080 HD. Makes the flowers JUMP out at you.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

in person the color is more of the antique dusty mauve color

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

The moment I saw it, it reminded me of one of my irises. I had to check to find the one. It reminds me of Fogbound. Not saying it is Fogbound. There are often many irises which look very similar to each other.

Deep Run, NC(Zone 7b)

('in person the color is more of the antique dusty mauve color")

Bigred: Possible that your iris is "Bound for Glory". This was the name on my original one purchased from Lowe's around 1994. I have not been able to find one listed in any iris listing with the exception of the well known "Bound for Glory" Louisiana iris. There is one called "Glory Bound" that is probably in the same family but definitely not this one. The antique mauve coloring is much more pronounced in real life. bob (my favorite iris!!!)

This message was edited Jul 30, 2010 8:58 AM

This message was edited Jul 30, 2010 9:57 AM

This message was edited Jul 30, 2010 10:00 AM

Thumbnail by orchidman1
South Hamilton, MA

If LA iris is 'Bound for Glory' then that name could not be used for any other iris, regardless of class.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

No,shakey as my memories gets,I do remember recieving iris from greenorchid tagged Bewitchment. I'll see if I can't contact her via d-mail to confirm but she might not remember since it's been 2 yrs since she sent me the irises.

Kansas City, MO

It definately has that look of "Ghio" ruffling. I think you nailed it.

K

Grants Pass, OR(Zone 8a)

Hi again :)

I know it's been awhile - it's sure hard to stop trades once you start that habit, but I had a baby!! But aside from that squishy happiness, iris...

Yes, it is 'Bewitchment'. That is one of those iris that not only is it hard to catch the subtle smokey color differences that it has in a photo, but it also has a wider range of looks as it blooms than most iris I've grown. It is absolutely stunning though and one of my favorites. I've never posted before but I'll try including a few of the photos I have.

Oh, and thanks again for the plants, they are all beautiful! The Ragged Robin has become a staple in my yard, and those mouse plants are just so cute :)

Thumbnail by greenorchid
Grants Pass, OR(Zone 8a)

'Bewitchment' with less purple at the base of the standards

Thumbnail by greenorchid
Grants Pass, OR(Zone 8a)

'Bewitchment'

Thumbnail by greenorchid
Grants Pass, OR(Zone 8a)

And because I have no 'stop' button when it comes to iris photos...

Thumbnail by greenorchid
Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Congrats on the new baby!!!

Thanks for responding and thanks again for sharing Bewitchment with me. It is just lovely.

We're glad you don't have a stop button.

P

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.