Let's see pics of hardy hydrangeas

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Paniculatas, arborescens. Anything hardy in Z5 and colder.

Here's Limelight after it's lime green stage. Soon it will turn pink.

Thumbnail by pollyk
Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Pink Diamond. One of my all time favorites, although I think Limelight is my most favorite. Again, it is just starting to pink. When it turns pink, it has the old rose coloring.

Thumbnail by pollyk
Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Arborescens White Dome. Again starting to change colors to it's antique white.

Thumbnail by pollyk
Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

So, let's see some of yours!

Ravenna, OH(Zone 5b)

Forever and ever Blue Heaven hydrangea here and it's pink! (I just planted it last year and had to wait to see what color it decided to be lol). Next year, I am going to try to change the color if I can, could be that she don't want to change, but I'll try lol.

Thumbnail by kentstar
Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

That's sure a beauty for Z5! I've considered trying that one, and now I will.

Oshawa, Canada

Here are some of mine Pollyk

Thumbnail by JimsGarden
Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

That's a great looking one, Jim! Do you know who it is?

Upper Saint Clair, PA(Zone 6a)

Here's my Limelights.

Thumbnail by linjasar

And a closer pic.

Thumbnail by linjasar
Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Gorgeous pics! That looks to be about full size, do you think?

I believe Limelights get to be about 6-8 x 6-8. They are probably about 7x7. I need to really trim them back this year to get them fuller around the middle. I love these as I don't do anything to them other than cut the flowers off in the spring. They do require water when the temps stay in the 90s for a time if there is no rain.

Thanks for the compliment. I am planting a row of Vanilla Strawberries this year and am very excited about them.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

But cutting the flowers off in the spring can sure be time consuming when they get that big. Can't wait to see the Vanilla Strawberries when they get large. A whole row should be gorgeous.

West Chester, PA(Zone 6b)

I don't know the names of mine, except my Annabelle.....They came with the house when we bought. I know they are pretty old, because my husband lived in the house when he grew up.(We bought from the estate) He said they always have been there. But I love them.....

Thumbnail by kastrol

I do know 'Annabelle' only because I did put her there.....

Thumbnail by kastrol

Blue when it first comes out....

Thumbnail by kastrol

This is another one......

Thumbnail by kastrol

And these two are new, but I don't know there names either.....Anyone have any ideas what mine are????

Thumbnail by kastrol
Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Definitely beautiful. I wish I could help, but I really don't know much about hydrangeas other than the paniculatas, and the arborescens, as that's all that's hardy here.

So some one hopefully will come help identify, and I will just admire. .

I just love Hydrangeas.....They have so many new kinds now....And they are just Beautiful......I like to look too pollyk....i enjoy just looking at all the pictures in the forum......

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.