Kiwi vine won't fruit

Williamsburg, MI(Zone 4b)

I have had a male and female kiwi vine for several years. Of course it's hard to tell if either is male or female, since neither of them ever do anything like flower or bear fruit. Someone said they might not be getting enough sun, so year ago, I moved them to full sun. Still zip, nada, nothing. What am I doing wrong. I just don't seem to have a lot of luck with fruit or fruit trees. I have a gooseberry bush that only gets a few berries and a plumb tree that would cause Little Jack Horner to starvw! what the heck am I doing wrong here?

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Since neither vine flowers maybe you have two males vines ???? They won't produce fruit for at least three years but you say you've had them that long. You should get a full harvest after around 6 years. The Arctic varieties can even start to fruit after just one season. If your vines are healthy, you can get more than 50 pounds of fruit each year. Once your plants are established, they can keep producing kiwis for up to 50 years.

Williamsburg, MI(Zone 4b)

But wouldn't the male plant still have some sort of flowers in order to polinate with?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.