Midwives

Cuyahoga Falls, OH(Zone 5a)

I am interested in your opinions and/or your experiences. It is time for my annual gyn exam. I needed to find a new ob/gyn, and I found a practice nearby and made an appointment for next week.

Yesterday, I received the usual questionnaire - you know the one where they ask health questions, but what they really want to know is how are you going to pay. That one.

On the cover letter, it read my appointment day and time with - Ms. so and so - a midwife.

Now, with all due respect, I may have a health issue, and I would like to see a doctor - not a midwife. These gals aren't even nurses. They are more like techs working under a physician. Today, I canceled the appointment. I will just make an appointment with my family physician and go from there.

What do you all think ?

This thread has 8 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!