Lunch for Mary

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

This was a lunch get together for (Jeri's) Mary yesterday. It was the day before her surgery and she was very nervous. Everyone tried to cheer her up and show their love and support when she needed it the most. LOL, She may not like the photos but here goes.

Thumbnail by busybee
Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

Jeri and her ah wife-in-law, a new word on me but her name is Linda and she is a very nice lady.

Thumbnail by busybee
Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

Yours truly

Thumbnail by busybee
Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

Lisa, Michaela. and her little friend Abby.
The girles had a great time playing in the sand around the dock.

Thumbnail by busybee
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks for posting the pictures! Looks like a great restaurant. Glad to get to see the wife-in-law. Great that yall get along so well together!

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Looks like you all had a marvelous time, and many many many prayers goes out to Mary for a successful surgery. I miss y'all!!

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Yep, my mom has a wife-in-law, too...

Great pictures. I am so glad y'all had a fun time...but not surprised! I hope y'all are planning on coming to Terrye's in October!

Slidell, LA(Zone 8b)

I spoke to Jeri just a few minutes ago and Mary is still in surgery. They didn't take her into surgery until about 10:50. Hopefully it won't be much longer. will check back with her a little later.

Ripley, MS

It is over--she made it fine, Jeri called while I was in the grocery store !
Praise God

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

How come no pictures of Emily's new hair do!!! She looked fabulous!!!!

Em.... we want to see pics of your new hairdo....

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Great news about Mary! Yes we want to see Emily's new do!

Slidell, LA(Zone 8b)

The camera broke!!!! LOL No - just teasing, I didn't have mine with me at lunch and I don't have any pics of me since I cut my hair. Am sure Mary will get around to it when she can - or maybe the camera really did break!! LOL

So thankful to hear everything went well with Mary!

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

So sorry guys but I have dial-up and time ran out on me and I had to leave for my Dr's appointment. Emily looks very sassy with her new do.

Thumbnail by busybee
Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

Oh, I got you Em. I promised you your mouth wasn't open this time but I didn't know your eyes were shut. You are just going to have to pose for me next time.LOL Love you girl.

Jeri said Mary is doing real well. Not up yet and still hurting but it is a healing hurt. Thank God for watching over her.

Thumbnail by busybee
Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

Middendorf's is the name of the resturant where we had lunch.

Thumbnail by busybee
Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

time to leave which is hard to do. Not enough time to catch up.
Jeri and Em trying to hide from me. No I am just joking.

Thumbnail by busybee
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Emily that is a darling haircut. You look younger!!!

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

this is the bar area. You can sit and look out on the water. I love the paintings on the outside walls, statues and fishing gear as decoration.

Thumbnail by busybee
Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Mary called and said they made her get up to go to the bathroom. She said it was tough but she is feeling better after getting back to her morphine pump. LOL!!!!

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

The girls sure had a good time.

Thumbnail by busybee
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

They make you get up and move now days!! I bet she is better with the morphine pump!LOL

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

We figured Sunday probably won't be too comfortable being the 3rd day but again she feels like Superman knowing that she is healing now.

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

I think this is a training course for a rescue team.
Lisa and the girls were watching the crabs on these pilings.

Thumbnail by busybee
Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Looks like ya'll had a great time! Emily - love that new haircut! It is adorable!!

genna

Em that hairdo is way too cute!! It looks great on you!!! So glad y'all had a good time. Isn't it true that the 3rd day after any sort of surgery or injury is the worst day? They force you to get up so your muscles don't turn to mush and you have to rehab them back into shape, it's a really good thing even though it doesn't seem like it at the time.

Ripley, MS

I love the new haircut--did you donate the hair?
Give Mary my sympathy I am so sorry they are MAKING her do things--LOL

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

She said it was better today!!! Thank God!!!! They are to release her after lunch. I gotta run to the grocery store b/c she is coming here so I can watch her!!!! Plus we have a storm headed our way. Boo hoo!!!(on the storm)

Boo Storm, Go Away, even though some rain is always good but nothing any stronger than that!

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Jeri....Please tell Mary I was thinking about her, and hope she lets you spoil her! I've not posted, but been watching for good news. Sandi

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Sandi - how have you been?? Haven't "seen" you posting in a while.... hope all is well....

Jeri - that is great news! I hope she feels better really soon! She is so blessed to have you to take care of her!
How did your son in law get?? sorry, I have gone blank on his name, but I haven't seen an update on him lately.

Genna

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Thanks everyone!!! I will certainly tell her and I know you all mean the world to her!!!! She is NOT a gardener but could love our family more.

Sandi really enjoyed the story about you SIL!!! Some how, I still bet you get MIL Award of the Year even after all of that!!! LOL!!!

Genna my SIL, Billy is doing much better!!! Thank you for remembering him. He is still healing and hasn't been able to go back to work yet. He was in severe pain when he walked so 2 weeks ago I took him in for a procedure to remove 2 screws. Yes, that is right!!! I have it documented that he is missing a few screws!!! LOL!!!! Seriously, since then he is walking better and is in a lot less pain. He had 19 years on the job so this is his 20th year on the job. I keep encouraging him to go ahead and retire and if he wanted to go back to work later find something easier than climbing towers in plants. They never listen so we'll see what he does.

I hope all of Yall have a great day today!!! Be sure and drink plenty of water and by lunch try to have most of your chores in the yard completed!!!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Keep us updated on Mary!
Glad for the update on Billy. Didn't realize he was still having so much trouble.

Jeri you crack me up girl! I didn't realize he was still in so much pain either, maybe he'll listen this time.

Glad Mary's feeling better already! Great great news!!

I'm going to go pull some weeds for a bit, then at some point today I've got to go into town and get the stuff for a bridal shower I'm attending and the dollar store for gift bags and I think I have enough tissue, but I don't think it's the right colors so what the hey, whats a buck for a huge bundle of tissue, right? Plus I need to get some new sandals to go with my dress that I'm wearing there, my nice sandals don't fit anymore :(

See ya'll after while!

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Jeri...thanks for reading the story. I've had nearly 300 readers so far. We were all at the lake this weekend. Had a great time, and it rained here while we were up there! Can't get much better than that. Know your yard is beautiful and hope that you're not working too hard out there.
I don't post much, but I do keep up with the threads...so I do KNOW what ya'll are up to!

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

My Angel Trumpets are kicking butt right now. Everything else is kinda sad.

Thumbnail by jeri11
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Looking good Jeri! My Kelley Anne has been blooming up a storm. I have buds on several others and they should be coming along soon. I had to get out and really water yesterday afternoon. Didn't realize I had let some things get so dry.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Jeri, I have some elephant ears that I got from kenny last fall at Kim's that are only about 2" tall! Figured I lost them in that cold weather, but several of them survived, but they haven't grown any since they first peeped their heads out..... I don't have a clue why! My husband keeps laughing at me because I have these little baracades around them to keep him from mowing them down and keep watering them but they look like tiny minatures. My brugs I got when I was at your house are still alive too - but they look the same size as when I put them in the ground so no hope for blooms this year! Strange how some things are just sitting there like they are frozen in time!

Your brugs are beautiful..... I will sure miss those blooms this year. Think I might try to dig them up this fall and put them in pots and see if I can over winter them in my garage so maybe next year I can have blooms......

Glad to hear that Billy losing some screws has helped! ^_^ Seriously glad to know that he is continuing to improve ...... hope he continues his recovery!

How is Mary feeling? Hopefully every day is just a little better.........

Genna

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Thanks Charlotte and Genna, I don't know what variety EE you have but they could be planted too deep. That would cause them to stunt.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Love the brug pic, Jeri! Here's Eternity...starts out yellow, then pale pink, and finally darker pink. This is the first season for a few of my cuttings from Dolly (a couple of yrs ago) to bloom too. Our backyard smells like Heaven the last couple of weeks.

Thumbnail by bigbubbles

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.