True Confessions: I'm addicted to ....

Mount Prospect, IL(Zone 5b)

Roses!

I caught rose-itis from smelling 'Tiffany' 3 years ago at the Chicago Botanic Garden. A couple of sniffs and I was hooked! And it was worsened by smelling 'Noble Antony' as well!

Since then I've acquired 23 roses, which may not sound like much, but my lot is only 1/6 acre. I spend hours and hours every week deadheading them, watering them, spraying them, fertilizing them, pruning them, and of course admiring them, especially their fragrance!

And then there is all the time spent with rose catalogs, both paper and on line. Especially in the winter I feed my addiction with all the eye candy, and stay up way too late poring over them, trying to keep my rose wish list to a somewhat reasonable size, and then planning how to rearrange all my other plants to fit more roses in!

Does anyone else have a plant addiction they're willing to confess to? (Come on, I know you're out there!)

Bensenville, IL(Zone 5a)

Mine's Heuchera. Even though they can be fussy and can frustrate me to no end! I still love them and have to have more each year. I don't "collect" anything else so I guess I'm entitlted to this one addiction.

Peoria, IL(Zone 5a)

Hi, my name is Frank and I am a hostaholic!

I was content having 12 varieties of hostas for 20+ years but then I was bitten by the hosta bug last fall and ended up with 64. Today I have 105, later today I will have 110 once the mail comes and very shortly it wil be around 180. I will probably pass the 200 mark sometime this coming fall. My hosta addiction is so bad that I am cutting out sections of the concrete driveway and taking out all of the grass to make more beds for more hostas.

This is the guy that is responsible for my addiction. His name is Sam. Samual Blue. He was a $10.00 one gallon single eyed runt when I first met him long ago at our Park Districts annual plant sale.

Thumbnail by franknjim
Bloomington, IN(Zone 6a)

I'm a hostaholic, too, but have been on the wagon a while because they can get really expensive. Frank, that is the most gorgeous hosta! I'm also addicted to delphiniums, but they're not as good to me as hostas - very needy and temperamental. Beautiful as they are, it's a rather co-dependent and unhealthy relationship. One day, I will give Delph up and be with my true love, Hosta, forever!

Bloomington, IN(Zone 6a)

Here's a pic of two of my favorite hostas . . .

Thumbnail by sherriseden
Bloomington, IN(Zone 6a)

And here is my latest delphinium fling . . .

Bloomington, IN(Zone 6a)

Oops . . . here it is . . .

Thumbnail by sherriseden
Peoria, IL(Zone 5a)

I'm an enabler to help you jump off that wagon. LOL

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BnPCo-opBuying

It is the less expensive way to buy plants at wholesale prices.

Bloomington, IN(Zone 6a)

You're bad! My hand was slipping toward the "join this group" button, but I resisted . . . so far. : )

Peoria, IL(Zone 5a)

I've gone from bad to worse and just claimed two more new ones. Trifecta(top) & Woop Woop!

Thumbnail by franknjim

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.