Daily Journal, Feb 24

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Good morning. Wake up, you're wasteing daylight! Coffee anyone? I was up earlier than usual because hubby had a meeting to go to about 4 hours away and needed to get an early start. It is just light here, the sky has a little pinkish purple color and some bright silvery spots, there is no wind!!! and the temp is 22*. F. B. Wabbit is not looking at me this morning, he's eating somewhere else. Did you hear that is is so cold in the midwest that the coyotes are carrying jumper cables to jump start the jackrabbits? Now that's cold, just ask Jewell and Leaflady. KathyJo too, she checks in here even when she doesn't post. Yesterday I took a quick tour of the yard in the cold wind, and see that the daffys, tulips, crocus, and some daylilies have been working under the snow. The size of the bare patches has doubled in the past 24 hours, the wind we had carried a lot of moisture away. Today looks like a good day to exercise horses. What are you doing today?

This thread has 6 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!