Wanted: Peony Poppy Seeds in Blue, purple, etc

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

I have frosted Salmon and Pink Imperial peony poppy seeds to trade or yellow or black hollyhock seeds. Would also do shipping for blue, purple or other colors of peony poppy.

Kathy

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

kathy i would be delighted to trade with you. i have the purple one. i have been calling it a double purple/lavender opium poppy.

are your seeds doubles or peony type as well?

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

The salmon color is like a carnation. The other is single. I'll send you pictures tomorrow - heading to bed as it was 95 today and I'm pooped out. Sorry to be short but I'm zapped.
Kathy

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

no need to send a picture. i know i want it. lol

i'll send a teaspoon of seeds. is that enough?

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Could you spare 2 teaspoons? LOL I love these colors and so easy. I'll send you a SASE if you like.
Kathy

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

well no ...you don't need to send a sase. i'll send your seeds in a bubble mailer.

i can spare 2 teaspoons or 8. lol.

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

LOL You crazy thing. You don't want my seeds? Any seeds? white cleome, holly hock, tiny yellow morning glory seeds (they bloom in the evening)........something?

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

all i have to trade are these poppy seeds. i thought we could trade poppy seeds. i do have a white hollyhock seed with a pink/red heart and yellow center. also got some trade hollyhock seeds recently. i got dark purple from lazlo and burgundy from someone else. i could share some of those.

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

I wanted to see if you needed any of these seeds. I just want the poppy peony. Do you want seeds of both of my peony or just one? Either is fine. I have enough to send you and if you do want the other seeds mentioned let me know. I don't need anything except purple poppy.

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

i would take any seeds happily that you would send.

well i owe you then kathy. lmk if i ever have something you "need". lol.

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

I'll gather your seed package and get it out to you. Thanks for sharing your blue/purple poppies.

Kathy Phillips
508 south main st
pearisburg, va 24134

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

i already got you off the exchange. i am there as well.

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

got it too. Thanks.
k

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Did you get the seeds?

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

yes i did and i still haven't sent yours. i wanted to send you something else plant wise as i didn't have the yellow double hollyhocks anymore. tried to see what you were interested in but can't find anything particular.

so can you use any of these......
penstemon tenuis
salvia lyrata...mine is the purple one
salvia darcyi
eupatorium greggii
brazilian vervain

these are all small plants i have potted and ought to have good enough roots.

i will get these out i hope tues. i have a school clothes shopping trip planned on mon.

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Not to worry. Poppy seeds are enough. Take your time - they will have to wait until march to get scattered around. Glad I'm past the school clothes thing. Mom and I went shopping yesterday for curtains for my newly painted bedroom. Our only store - walmart and dollar general have NOTHING ! It's a small town obviously. We did enjoy lunch at olive garden on our trip. There were people every where in Blacksburg. I guess lots of the Va Tech students are already coming back. The stores were wild. It rained all day and started out that way today. I'm making veggie soup, burgers, and tuna salad to share with both sons. They live on their own (one with his girlfriend) and they count on mom and I for food...LOL somethings never change. It's a very nice day here. 70 and it's 2:20. Hasn't been this cool in months. To wet to do anything outside so I'm cooking.

Poppy seeds are all I need but I do thank you for the offer. Hope you can use or trade the things I threw in. I will have some white cleome seeds if you are interested. I need to let them try a few days first but I love them and they grow so easily.

Take care and have fun shopping.
Kathy

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

well ok then. i will try to get them out in tomorrow's mail.

kids always love mama's cooking. wish mine was closer.

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

See - I'm easy ! At least cheap LOL

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Got your generous purple peony poppy seeds today. Thanks so much! I'm a happy girl. I'll scatter these in March. Thanks for the trade.
Kathy

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

since i didn't have great variety i thought you might could trade some of those for something else you wanted. thanks for letting me know. and thank you for your generosity.

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

I Also would like BLUE & Purple & Any other Peony type colors I Have a RED Peony & PINK PEONY POPPY
Seeds a few thousand anyway . these are mixed seeds for all the plants were mixed in with each other :) .

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Mamajack - I'm keeping all these purple. I love them. I left you feedback as well.

Dee - I have pink but would only want to trade from red but not a mix. I like these planted in one color patches. Sorry I don't have seeds to trade or a mix. I may need to close the thread.

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

well i went and did the same thing for you. lol. thanks again.

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Sorry but Both my Plants were to close together & Not wanting all those seeds in one spot I Cut all them & Placed in a Paper bag so they are mixed . Maybe Next year I can get you the red .
thank you anyway .

susie

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Let me know if you get reds next year and I'll trade some of mine.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.