Hummingbird Pictures

Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

I couldn't find a place to post pictures of my hummers. Thought I'd start a thread. Is that okay?
I'd love to see other people's pictures of their hummingbirds.

Thumbnail by pgt
Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

Another

Thumbnail by pgt
Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

One more.

Thumbnail by pgt
Bentonia, MS

hey pgt i love the shots of you male. i have so many pics that i want to post but i could not find a place either. so okay lets do out own. i have been doing good getting pics of the females but the males are alot harder to get. here are a few of mine.

Thumbnail by tlcgarden
Bentonia, MS

pic number 2

Thumbnail by tlcgarden
Bentonia, MS

pic 3

Thumbnail by tlcgarden
Bentonia, MS

pic 4

Thumbnail by tlcgarden
Bentonia, MS

pic 5

Thumbnail by tlcgarden
Bentonia, MS

pic 6

Thumbnail by tlcgarden
Bentonia, MS

pic 7

Thumbnail by tlcgarden
Bentonia, MS

pic 8

Thumbnail by tlcgarden
Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

This is fine but you can also share over here on the Birdwatching Forum....we have threads just for hummers. Would love to have you share your photos!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1117344/

Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

Tlc,
Those pictures are AMAZING! I especially like the ones of the hummer in flight. Very cool.

Nanny,
Sounds good! Next pics I get, I'll post them to that thread. I didn't know it existed. Thanks for letting us know.
--Pam.

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

1st hummer pic this year

Thumbnail by jmorth
Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks for posting you hummer pics here! Of course you can do that! I love to see them and so do many others here.

pgt, what flowers to you grow to attract RTHUs?? I know you must have some good ones!

And jm, I see you have quite a grand trumpet vine! No doubt the hummers love that one. Is it huge?

Happy hummer day to all. t.

Have a couple...

Thumbnail by nanny_56

We believe this bird was injured and since been run off and likely died....

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

tabasco,
My hummers like my monarda "Grand Marshall", phlox "blue paradise". But they LOVE my Lobelia cardinalis.

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

Hummer at Gloriosa

Thumbnail by jmorth
Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

hummer 2

Thumbnail by jmorth
Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

tabasco,
the hummingbird vine has just about taken over the garage; this fall, I'll be cutting it back as its getting under the siding. I probably let it go too long but it has been spectacular in habit and hummingbird draw appeal.

Thumbnail by jmorth

Whoa! That is quite a healthy looking Trumpet Vine!

I just bought three small ones from the nursery, but if they grow like that, I won't need all of them!

Gainesville, FL

I have to wonder which is more beautiful. The Hummbingbirds or the Gloriosa at "Hummer at Gloriosa" I am attaching my picture of a Hummingbird on my Mandevillia. You have to look close to see it as it blends in with the flower.

Thumbnail by florida254
Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

new hummer pic - from yesterday, in Gloriosa greenii

Thumbnail by jmorth

That is a great pic!

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

hummer today

Thumbnail by jmorth
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Those last two shots are wow! Hummers and the plants too.
I have two very vocal, tiny young hummers practicing their moves out around the Rose of Sharon this morning. They are moving so fast I can't focus on them, and I don't think they are stopping to sip much. They don't have the green feathers yet just sort of gray for now.

One of our mature males....

Thumbnail by nanny_56

Cute pics, everyone!

The following is off-topic a bit, so ignore if you like:

JMorth, your shot of the Gloriosa lily made me search the internet to buy one. And what do you know, I noticed TPNursery right here on Dave's Marketplace Classifieds was offering tubers so I bought 3.

Of course, I don't know what to do with them this late in our growing season, but I guess I'll start them as house plants...? Do you have any recommendations?

Today I am rearranging our hummingbird bed today making more room for monarda Jacob Cline and salvias~~all bought on sale for $1.50 this week.

I think our Hummer season may be winding down. I don't notice as many mature males around today...still lots of feisty juniors, though.

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

tabasco,
I've read that Gloriosas can be brought into bloom indoors, probably with plenty of sun.
I've written up cultural notes on how I grow them. I'll try to find those notes and when I do, I'll dmail you.

Thumbnail by jmorth
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Lovely plants!

Glendale , AZ(Zone 9b)

I'm loving the pics of the hummers!!......Great shots!

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

HBM

Thumbnail by jmorth
Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

HB

Thumbnail by jmorth
(Di) Seven Mile, OH(Zone 6b)

jmorth, what is that flower in the picture above?

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

Gloriosa superba 'Rothchildiana'

Thumbnail by jmorth
Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

They are tubers that I grow in large pots.

Thumbnail by jmorth
(Di) Seven Mile, OH(Zone 6b)

Oh my heavens, they are gorgeous! I am going to have to get some - I just reread the previous notes and saw that tabasco found them already. Would you mind sending me a copy of your notes as well? Thanks so much!

Glendale , AZ(Zone 9b)

I was pleasantly surprised to find a visitor to my garden.....

sorry the pic isn't as nice as others who have submitted-taken with my cell phone...

This message was edited Aug 11, 2010 9:53 AM

Thumbnail by brusedthumb
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

A welcome visitor indeed. Glad you shared your joy with us. What is the plant it is nectaring on?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.