Thumbnail by patootie
Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Becky's lovely Mauve Splash.
I've really enjoyed these two Mauve's

Thumbnail by patootie
Jacksonville, TX(Zone 8a)

Jackie,
You are getting some great blooms this year

Here is another Mai Sugata Cross. Totally different vine and cross from the other one

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace
(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

Thanks for starting a new thread, Jackie!

Love your blooms especially that Sazanami! :-)

Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

Thanks for the new thread horrayyyy!!!

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

becky, my kikyo ice has dark green leaves.

Thanks Helena and Becky. I love how your Sugata cross vines are so
different Helena. Sure makes growing Morning Glories a lot more fun.
I like that last bloom as much as the other Sugata blooms.

Silky Blue wilting some in the heat of the g house.
So many storms passing thru, one right after the other, that I had to
move the byard vines to the g house. They were drowning.
We've had rain/pop up storms for 4 or 5 days now.

James, lol. I didn't expect so many new posts by this am

Thumbnail by patootie

Nicole - Hmmm yours are solid color leaves? ... my Kikyo Ice has variegated leaves. Hmmm ... shall be interesting to see the blooms. Thanks Doug for sharing KI. :-)

Jackie - I WISH we'd get some rain here. It's been hot as hades. And humid like it's been raining, but none at all the past 2 weeks. Your vine's leaves look great! Mine look pretty ratty. LOL!

So hot that I start sweating the minute I step outside. How anyone can live without A/C here is a mystery to me! I can't imagine suffering in this heat! Ugh...

Mesilla Park, NM

I would love a few Kikyo Ice seeds if anyone gets some this year!
A.

I have some forming right now. The vine has not grown much. I might need to move it and see if it will grow taller.

Mesilla Park, NM

That would be fantastic, I've got a million seeds here waiting to be traded this year...lol, of course they are from last year and the year before, but they are great crosses.. You guys dmail me or post here. Let me know what you are wanting and I'll send you my flicker page with photos of my flowers, but there are over 1000 mg photos, so, don't give up.

TKS.
A.

wow, gourd. that is impressive.

Hi A! Glad to see you here! You have some of the best crosses I've ever grown! Your seeds have always been a real treat for me to grow! Thanks so much for all the trades you've done with me! I genuinely appreciate it! I look forward to seeing your MG photos! :-)

And whatever my variegated Kikyo turns out to be, you know I will share! :-)

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

she is back, seed from last year.

Thumbnail by joeswife

back view of anither bloom from the split purple bi coloured one on previous thread.

Thumbnail by joeswife

the rain skipped us. 101 today, 100s the next 7 days.

Thumbnail by joeswife

nice combo

Thumbnail by joeswife

These light blue blooms are almost impossible to get a decent picture at 6 am, when this one was taken.

Thumbnail by joeswife

Emma, look at that touch me not I got from you ( seeds) .. lower right of the mg fence. your plum delight is vining, should see blooms soon.

Thumbnail by joeswife

I keep forgetting to get a picture of the pink moon vine caudex I grew from Emmas seed, it is really going to town, can't wait to see it .. I found a cup with three setosa vines in it and a nice EE smack in the middle.. have no clue what I am going to do with them now, the north fence is spoken for ..

Thumbnail by joeswife

Becky, My lvs are bad on many of my glories. I get so tired of the fight.

Hi A

Gorgeous pink Debra. We have 100 degrees or so close it doesn't matter
coming the next week too.

Oh yes, I am very glad to see you A, as well. Elsa, I have tons of gloriosa daisey seeds if you want some. dmail me.
I let the vines climb on them..

Thumbnail by joeswife

Look what recently popped up in the deck garden, what a pronounced reverse tube on that flower.

Thumbnail by

Debra - I love this photo: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=7966620 Very lovely colors and l like the backside showing the ribs! Very pretty!!! Your vines as always are really beautiful as are all the wonderful flowers in your backyard! Love those pretty daisies, too! Glad to see Hanafubuki came back, too! :-) I am sure you'll figure out a corner somewhere for your Setosa vines! :-)

Jackie - You'd never know it from your photos as your leaves/vines look gorgeous and very healthy!

Thanks, Becky and Jackie.. I love my morning glory adventures. Always a surprise in the back yard and in the DG MG forum as well.
Love your reverse tube, Joseph.
That large white I. Nil came from a packet I bought from Karen ( Gardener 2005)? It was just labled large white.
I am going to have to look at the bottom of the pot for the tag on the light blue one.

Thumbnail by joeswife

Thanks Becky.

Lovely bloom Joseph.

Debra, yes please let us know the id of the pretty light blue. It's
gorgeous.

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

My MG are starting to bloom. These either came up from dropped seeds from last year or the seed swap, surprisingly they all started blooming at the same time? On the deck planted in a window box in Miracle Gro potting soil about 6" deep. Thank you everyone who shared seeds in the seed swap.

Thumbnail by mittsy

Every day is like a gift, thank you Becky. Our beautiful mailbox. So beautiful you hardly notice the weeds. At one time we had a sign advertising the boat livery. Can you imagine we rented a 14' or 16 ' boat for $2.00 a day? The area under the sign is planted with daffodils and narcissus. Now that the foliage is dying back I want to plant some MG's at the posts. If it doesn't rain, I might get to it today.

This message was edited Jul 14, 2010 4:21 AM

Thumbnail by mittsy

Sorry, I don't know all the names. Yet!

Thumbnail by mittsy

another purple flaked.

Thumbnail by mittsy

I love the effect of the different shaped leaves when they mix together.

Thumbnail by mittsy

All of these were taken over a three day period.

Thumbnail by mittsy

c

Thumbnail by mittsy

d

Thumbnail by mittsy

e

Thumbnail by mittsy

f

Thumbnail by mittsy

Rained a bit yesterday but they were still good.

Thumbnail by mittsy

Can't wait to see what opens today. I've so enjoyed looking at all your pictures, hope you like mine. I found a lot of huge white native wild ones blooming at the lake shore yesterday. Will try to remember my camera and ruler so I can take a picture.

Thumbnail by mittsy
(Zone 7a)

Jackie - loved your two Mauves at the top - great colors with which to 'haunt' - would you say that mauve in morning glories has the dusky gene?

And on your Silky Blue here - http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=7965792 - if that came from the seeds I sent you, then it's interesting how much wider the throat of ivory is than its parent. The original seeds from Emma were tan, and they produced both dark brown and tan, with the shade of blue you're showing here producing tan seeds (the dark brown seeds came from a dark navy blue that showed increasing blizzard as the vine aged). I'll be curious to know if you get both tan and dark seeds, too.

I seem to recall that Blue Silk does the same thing with colors of seed corresponding to intensity of color in the flower, too (although, with Blue Silk, it was the same intensity of color from both shades of seeds, but there was more of it on the corolla from the darker seeds, and less of it, with more white, on the corolla from the paler seeds.)

Emma - very pretty how the deep purple in your Mai Sugata cross is so close to blue - http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=7965654

Hi A.

Debra - it's always fun when you share your garden with us - I learn something new every time. I especially loved this one - http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=7966836 - I'll bet lots of blue-lovers are swooning over that one - would also love to know the name of that one, if possible.

Joseph - given the array of fantasy shapes that Ipomoea nil carries among its genes, it's always quite an event when a nil manifests one of them, as this one does on your porch - http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7966783 . For those who'd like to know more about the incredible shapes bred during the Japanese Edo period, beginning around the beginning of the 19th century, please see the links in the MG sticky index under: MUTABILITY (Changability) of MORNING GLORIES.

Mittsy - nice to see you again on the MG forum - your pictures look like you've got the spirit of this flower down just right :)

Karen

edited to qualify my comment about the correlation of light and dark seeds from one cultivar to the flowers produced by them.

This message was edited Jul 14, 2010 7:30 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.