Pictures of my gardens 2010

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

First, I will show you my family at the anniversary party.

Thumbnail by Marcy_1
New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Oops...I will be back. Have company!!!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

You tease!

That is a great photo!

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

LOL...ok Chele...I'M BAAAACK!!!!
Alright...here is pic no. 1...oops...I mean..no. 2.

Thumbnail by Marcy_1
New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

no. 3

Thumbnail by Marcy_1
New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

ok...rest are garden pics!
Oh..and did you see the paper flowers I made for the tables?
No. 4

Thumbnail by Marcy_1
New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

no.5

Thumbnail by Marcy_1
New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

no.6

Thumbnail by Marcy_1
New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

no.7

Thumbnail by Marcy_1
New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

no.8

Thumbnail by Marcy_1
New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

no.9

Thumbnail by Marcy_1
New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

no.10

Thumbnail by Marcy_1
New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

n0.11

Thumbnail by Marcy_1
New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

no.12
Guess she was looking on an angle when she took this one!

Thumbnail by Marcy_1
New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

She took this one before I got the hollyhock tied up...lol! This is just to the left of the back door...and starting into the pathway to the front garden.
Ok...that's all for now!

Thumbnail by Marcy_1
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Everything looks beautiful Marcy!

N.C. Mts., NC(Zone 6b)

WOW!!! simply beautiful...

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Thanks Chele and Liz.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Looks GREAT Marcy!

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Okay, Marcy...you're not allowed to come here any more. Unless you come to work. Your place is gorgeous! I KNOW how much work you've put in those gardens, too!

Cute couple...even after all these years....^_^

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

Great gardens galorre!!!!!! I love you gardens, I want to come sit and veg out in your gardens. The Party pictures are so good. I'm glad it truned out so well. You deserve it after 5o years. Thanks for sharing these pictures with us. Lou

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Thanks everyone.
LOL@Joyce! I would work in YOUR gardens anytime! Always fun to work in other gardens!
I just wish you all could have seen Martha's gardens before she cut back on them. Talk about gorgeous!

Morgantown, WV(Zone 6a)

Marcy did you make the pot wreath? I love love love it!

The garden tour is fabulous....it makes me smile! Great job!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I meant to ask about that wreath! What size are the pots? Is it all wired together?

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

The wreath is a wire wreath form. The pots are different sizes...wired to the form....mostly small of course. you take a loop of about 18 gauge wire...long enough to put thru the bottom hole and make a loop and come back out to wire to the form. The loop inside keeps it from pulling thru. Then just work your way around until it looks right to you.
I bought the wreath from a friend who ran out of pots...lol....and I finished it. It weighs a ton!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks! I had wondered if it was little pots like 2" or if they were actually 4-6". I bet it IS heavy!

Morgantown, WV(Zone 6a)

Totally putting that on my 'to do' in April 2011 list! :)

OR maybe I will put it on my 'to do' in February 2011 list...since I can't touch dirt in Feb....and I go slightly crazy in that month due to the snow...and stuck inside with kiddos.

Love. it.

Thanks for telling us how to do it.

Morgantown, WV(Zone 6a)

Marcy if I blog it can I use your picture [with the copyright on it] or does that violate some rules?

I just want to give you credit....

IF I blog, cuz I have tons of blog ideas but then get busy and forget to blog it. :O

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Henygirl, it's fine with me if you use the picture. And you don't have to give me credit either. I'm sure I'm not the first one to make one of these, nor was my friend, Laura.
I think there are 2",4",and maybe a couple of 6" pots on there. I know there are 3 different sizes.
If I were making one again, I would put the larger pots on first, in different places...and then add the smaller ones. I think it might be easier that way?
As far as heavy, let me say this. It's all Dave can do to lift it up to hang it!! No way I could!

Flemingsburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Oh!!! Marcy...You live in Flower Heaven...
Your Gardens are Beautiful...
Like the antenna tower with the flower pots on it...

Pauletta

(Di) Seven Mile, OH(Zone 6b)

Marcy,
Happy Anniversary and wow, what beautiful gardens!! And thanks for sharing how to make that pot wreath, that's going to be one of my next projects..I have the perfect blank wall for one! ^_^ I love the way everything looks so coordinated and 'just right'. Maybe after another 28 years or so me and DH's gardens will look that way. Thanks for posting all the pictures.

Di

(Zone 5b)

Marcy, your family is beautiful! The party decorations are awesome, Happy Anniversary!

Your gardens.... Oh My!!! Stunning!!!

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Pauletta, I DO live in flower heaven! LOL...that ugly old antenna had to be good for something besides the tv! Those get watered from the upstairs window!
On the wreath...not sure I made myself very plain with the instructions. Insert the wire from the bottom hole..make a loop inside the pot and twist, so the loop won't come out. Then have enough wire left to come out the bottom and be able to twist it onto the wire wreath form. Does that make more sense???
Thanks everyone..on my gardens...they are a labor of love.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

If you've not been to Marcy and Dave's before you are missing a treat.
You can't miss the house.
Out in the middle of Farming Country.
You pop over a hill and see a white fence, if it's visible behind all the flowers....lol!
Once you turn into the drive you are surrounded by color.
Yard Art everywhere, the fenced in area is almost impassible due to the riot of flowers.
We really love the place!
Especially the WPA Outhouse!

Marcy your 'Babies' are real happy!
They sent a little Anniversary Bouquet.

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Oooooh pretty Ric!! Thank you!
I was out working on the 'back 40' tonight...lol! Mosquitoes are terrible!! I hear Off has a clip on type thing for mosquitoes. I need to get one of those!
Thanks everyone for the kind compliments. Our party wasn't anything fancy, but the food was good, and the company was excellent. We certainly enjoyed it.
You all are invited to stop by any time you can! I love company!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.