Best deal on Iris Pallida Variegata?

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Online prices seem to be all over the place for this lovely plant -- my first try with Iris. Anyone have recommendations? Are there other variegated Iris that you prefer? I just love the foliage -- the blooms will merely be a bonus...

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Just buy it from some place reputable, a grower.

Blue J has a whole section of variegated leaf irises.

Did you know that Japanese and laevigata irises also come with variegated leaves?

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Thanks for the tip. I'm investigating the selections at Blue J now!

Newfield, NY

pollyk i cant belive your close already.i didnt get a change to buy from you.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

I'm so sorry, Dori. Sales have been overwhelming. Next year?

Raleigh, NC

well, darn, I didn't know you were already closed! I was waiting to see if I could pick any up at Roy's dig before I ordered! Darn.

Newfield, NY

pollyk i been have so happy with trade iris on here

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

I wish I had taken pictures of the packaging on the last beardless irises I got from polly, . So wonderfully packaged they looked so fresh, not wilted a bit. I think it was two Japanese and one Siberian. Sorry, but I can't remember the names and it is raining so I can't go out and look. Next year should be a wonderful beardless bloom year because I have been faithfully fertilizing with Miracle Gro. Japanese are heavy feeders and I had them on a skimpy diet before. I figure as long as I'm doing the Japanese, I'll give the Siberians some too.Sure hope it pays off in blooms.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Well thanks everyone. Gosh that's nice to hear.

I think I finally have the packaging down pat, Mittsy. I've had packages caugt in 95 degree temps, and my customers say they came through fine. I was surprised, I thought they might be boiling in their bags. But thanks for letting me know it's good.

I fertilize the sibs just as heavily as the JIs.

Your JIs are doing great, Mittsy, so you're obviously doing something right.

Dori, I am so glad your trades have been great. We have some wonderful traders on here.

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

I can offer you a clump of pallida variegata for postage. Mine do not bloom, they grow close together and look like variegated grass. The rhizomes actually look more like siberians than bearded.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Polly, I'm going to be sending out some Iris soon. Would love hints on shipping.

Newfield, NY

still look for more trading to do??

Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 5b)

Good morning all, does anyone know what these might be? I took this picture at Shreiners. I was under the impression that the Pallida Variegata were all a blue/purple color...I'd love to get some of these yellow ones!

Thumbnail by naomimade
Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Pseudatas. A cross between pseudocorus and Japanese irises. Check Ensata Gardens for Variegatus.

yeah Dori, I'll bet you are!

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Hi Lincontess, I only do beardless, but if that's what you're going to be shipping, I'd be glad to tell you how I ship. If you want pointers on shipping bearded, I'm sure Dee will help.

The yellow ones in the picture are pseudacorus variegata. It's the straight pseudacorus, Mittsy. Iris ensata, the Japanese iris also comes with a variegated leaf. But so far no pseudatas with variegation. That would be something fun to try for, when you're doing seeds, Mittsy.

thanks for the info ladies!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.