(tranquil) Patricia D. Brooks

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Patricia D. Brooks, tranquil passed away on July 3, 2010. A long-time member since March, 2003, Patricia was active in the Coleus , Hippeastrum, and the Carolina Forums. Her daughter contacted us with the sad news.

Patricia D. Brooks, 73, of Ladson, wife of 50 years to Thomas W. Brooks, died Saturday, July 3, 2010 at Trident Medical Center.

The funeral mass and Rite of Committal with Final Commendation will be held on Saturday, July 10, 2010 at St. Thomas the Apostle Church, 6650 Dorchester Road, North Charleston, SC. Entombment will follow at Dorchester Memory Gardens, 11000 Dorchester Road, Summerville. Friends and family may visit on Friday evening, July 9, 2010 from 7 until 8:30 o’clock at St. Thomas the Apostle Church. A prayer service will be held at 7:30 o’clock.

Flowers will be accepted or memorials may be made to St. Thomas the Apostle Catholic Church, 6650 Dorchester Road, North Charleston, SC 29418.

Pat was born on June 29, 1937 in Stevens Point, WI, daughter of Cecelia Losinski Bodzislaw and the late Joseph Bodzislaw. She attended St. Wencelslaw Grammar School in Chicago, IL, P.J. Jacobs High School and University of Wisconsin in Stevens Point, WI. She was former president of Charleston Kennel Club and Iris Club of Summerville. She was also a judge for the Iris Club of Summerville. She was a former member of the Charleston Mineral Society. She enjoyed gardening and reading and was a homemaker. She was a member of St. Thomas the Apostle Catholic Church.

Surviving in addition to her husband and mother are: 3 Daughters: Spring E. Brooks of Durham, NC, Robin L. Brooks of Jacksonville, FL and Betty C. Brooks of Ladson, SC; 3 Brothers: Jerome Bodzislaw, Robert Bodzislaw and Thomas Bodzislaw all of Stevens Point, WI; 1 Grandaughter: Lisa K. Ramsey of Oakdale, CT; 1 Grandson: Matthew T. Ramsey of Oakdale, CT.

A memorial message may be written to the family by visiting our website at http://www.jamesadyal.com.

Thumbnail by melody
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I'm so sorry to hear this news.. My heart goes out to her family.

Raleigh, NC

We know she has passed on to the most beautiful garden ever, up in heaven. My condolences to her family, and especially her daughter in Durham, practically a neighbor here.

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Oh how sad. I used to converse with her when I first came to Dave's Garden, my maiden name was Brooks and I had a first cousin named Tom who was way older than me. I never knew her hubby's name.
May she rest in peace.

Lavina

Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

My deepest condolences to her family.

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

plese add my condolences also to her family.

I'm sending my heart felt condolences to her family, also. I remember seeing her post in the prayer forum.
Hugs&blessings ... ~Susan

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

I am so sorry to hear of Pat's passing. I know that she is at peace now...My very best to those of you left to carry on her legacy.
Bev

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.