Hanging baskets

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Show us your photos, please!

I love this Begonia Odorata that I bought from Dutch Gardens earlier this year.

Thumbnail by pirl
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Here's 1

Al

Thumbnail by tapla
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Another

Al

Thumbnail by tapla
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Not sure if this counts or not. I have lots of pics of mixed display plantings in the gardens & on the decks.

Al

Thumbnail by tapla
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

These are ALMOST hanging. ;o)

Al

Thumbnail by tapla
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Last one for now.

Al

Thumbnail by tapla

Good to meet up with you again, Al.

Your containers are all lovely and I do love the color echoes of the plants on the left, on the bench. The birdhouse is neat as well.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Beautiful baskets Pirl & Tapla. I did window boxes again (stuff I seeded myself)

Thumbnail by joannabanana
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

The calibrachoa combo was repotted into a bigger basket. I really like the calibrachoa in the grow bags too

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

The wax begonias worked well in the bag too

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

The dragonwing begonia out-grew the hanging basket

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I tried a bamboo grass this year, but I don't think it like our cool dry air

Great photos and festive plantings!

Jack grew the plants he used for these window boxes, which he also made years ago.

Thumbnail by pirl
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

A few more hanging off the fence

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

I always enjoy sharing pics & looking at everyone's stuff. I get lots of good ideas from what other's do. I enjoyed your pics, guys - really attractive!

Al

Thumbnail by tapla
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

See u l8r!

Thumbnail by tapla
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Bye!

Thumbnail by tapla
Austin, TX

You cooler zone folks get more color, bang for your buck!
Tapla, my racoons would have a field day with those pots on your bannister, I have to use 1/2 pots that hang on nails on mine. In your pic with the cart, what is the pretty little tree in the left forground? All you pix are great, and I love the little touches of whimsy.
joanna, wow, you have some wonderful pix.

Thumbnail by sylguy
Austin, TX

Here's one of my 1/2 pots, the racoons can't knock them off, but squirrels did nibble my geraniums!

Thumbnail by sylguy

What a beautiful ceramic pot that is, slyguy!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Sly - I think you're talking about the Saybrook's Gold juniper? (Juniperus x pfitzeriana 'Saybrook Gold'). I've trained it to the vertical & with a single trunk. My plan for it is to train it in the spiral shape, but with a twist. There will be no branches coming off the trunk until it's 5-6 ft tall. Then the spiral will be thick at the top and taper as it descends - a downward spiral instead of the cookie-cutter spirals you see that taper as they rise. I've already started working on it. One branch will spiral downward, tapering as it goes, the other branch will spiral upward in the opposite direction and taper as it goes upward. If I don't like how it looks, off comes the upward branch.

Al

Thumbnail by tapla
Vieques, PR

Your plants are sublime, Al.

Austin, TX

Wow, tapla, I'm glad I asked, that's a fascinating project and a lovely little tree. I guess you hadn't begun in the other pic where a frondy branch sticks up.
pirl, the pot, like many of mine is Talavera, from Mexico. These newer ones have tiny little glaze bunks that grabbed me.
The blue and white ones are my new passion.

Thumbnail by sylguy

They are so beautiful!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Lovely container.

DeLand/Deleon Spring, FL(Zone 8b)

The birdhouse and planters on the bench is to die for !

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.