Begonia 'orange rubra'

Wrightstown, NJ(Zone 7a)

This dainty little flower has the sweetest fragrance of all my begonias so far. It is very strong for the size of the plant and so pleasant. I purchased it at Logee's and it was started 4/19/2010. First blooms for me. Wanted to share it with you all. I am so pleased with it.

Thumbnail by JBerger
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Mmm yummy reminds me of orange sherbet...thank you for sharing!!

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

uohHH? a fragrant begONIA? I need to quit popping in over here! I didn't even know there was such a critter...

I'm probably not using the correct terminology but is it a rhizome? Beautiful color as well!

Wrightstown, NJ(Zone 7a)

The description from Logee calls it one of the "best orange "Angel Wings" they grow.
They say it is one of their favorite everblooming begonias for hanging baskets or windowsill with showy mandarin orange flowers against pale green leaves. It is really an adorable addition to any collection. Of course mine is just a baby but growing nicely.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

!! Kristi !! How are YOU!?!? Good to "see" you over here again, my friend!!! You should see how big that crinum is...hoping for purdy flowers....yipeee

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

Hi Chantell! Glad to see you are still around too. I hope your Crinum will deliver those delightful blooms soon so I can hear you try to describe the fragrance. I will be watching... lol

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

I should nver have come over to this forum to visit. A fragrant begonia? Geez probably will not make it in my climate anyway!!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

LOL I love it...we all LOVE this forum...pleasant folks - amazing plants...what's NOT to love!!! My four o'clocks that someone gave me A plant a couple years ago have now FILLED my front flower bed...just the plain ole white ones with a purple stamen - pretty scent at night though.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.