You know it's hot when...

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

...a glass of ice water sounds better than a cold beer.

(Sharon)SouthPrairie, WA(Zone 7a)

Most of the dogs are happy when you hose them down and the others are happy with a wet towel thrown across their backs.

(Pony) Lakewood, WA(Zone 8a)

...you don't want to get out of the truck because the AC feels so good.

(Julie)South Prairie, WA(Zone 7a)

....The big black dog goes into the pond and lays down there.

...climbing into the chest freezer seems like a perfectly reasonable thing to do. ;D

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

You hog the fan without remorse - even though the furry dogs are panting.

Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

You roll down the windows in the car, and leave them open overnight so it will not be miserable to get into the next morning.

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

...you haven't put the top up on the convertible for a week.

....it's 10 in the morning, and you are already thinking about laying in the pond with the dog.

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

...you spend an hour deadheading a plant you would normally shear because it happens to be in the shade.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

You feel completely justified in putting off all the garden work and some house cleaning and staying inside reading a book "to stay cool" instead....

...you decide which car to drive based on the color of the paint and upholstery.....Black car? Nahhh, silver today, I think...

It isn't as significant this week (thank heavens!) but I got this photo e-mailed to me and had to share as it fit right into this thread........

Thumbnail by Rarejem

Hahahaha! That photo is awesome! :D

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Awwwwwww.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

AAAAAAhhhhhh!

Burwash Weald, United Kingdom(Zone 9b)

Poor doggie.

Bremerton, WA

Love it! Thanks for the chuckle - and the idea. I can almost picture me and the pooch doing the same if we get another HOT HOT spell.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

I actually was talking to someone last night whose son and wife have three bull dogs. They fill a kiddie pool with water and ice for the dogs on hot summer days (flat nosed dogs have a tough time staying cool). I was immediately reminded of the picture Julie posted.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.