CLOSED: Wanted: Hollyhock seeds, any variety! For postage?

Millville, NJ

My son has an experiment going with hollyhocks (long term project). I'm trying to keep him gardening (haha - he's 16)! Does anyone have any hollyhock seeds they'd be willing to send for postage? Any variety, type, color, etc. The more variety he has the better his experiment. Many thanks!

Rushville, IN(Zone 5b)

I have lots of hollyhock seed some is mixed colors also have a black and afrench Zebrina if you want some will send to you for postage.
sissy70-judy

Millville, NJ

That would be wonderful. I'll D-mail you.

Rushville, IN(Zone 5b)

okay

Brandon, FL(Zone 9b)

I have pinks...dark & light mixed...

Sissy70, would you have a pix of the Zebrina? That sounds neat.
would you too like to trade for some pinks?

Southern NJ, United States(Zone 7a)

Do you need to know specifically what the variety is? I have a lot of old hollyhock seeds, and some may even have been brought from Giverny, Monet's garden, but I have no idea what they are or how viable they still might be.

I love hollyhocks but have no luck with them. Out of all the seeds (and plants!) I've put in and have allowed to fall over the years I have exactly one hollyhock right now, but it's a gorgeous pale pink one.

Millville, NJ

It doesn't matter what it is. I'll D-Mail you - you can't be too far from me.

Mount Vernon, OH

ehignutt - I have a pack of yellow hollyhocks. Commerical variety. Just dmail me your addy and I can mail it out. Don't worry about postage, won't make or break me. :o)

I was looking at your trade list and noticed you have the blushing philo. Would you be interested in a trade? depending on the size and how many of the cuttings you are able to trade, I have some things on your want list. I se that you are interested in the transcanthia family, I love this plant family also. Though some are too little trade (yet) I have 31 varieties in all myself.

Gettysburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Hi ehignutt,

I have burgandy ones and medium-to-light, clear pink. Can send for postage, or if you have seeds, check my want list at this link (I haven't gotten my wants shifted to this site yet):
http://members.gardenweb.com/members/exch/kilngod

Thanks,
Tina

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

i have pale yellow double and a single white with pink heart and yellow center.

i would send for postage and would like to trade with anyone else that wants to. just dmail me.

OSAKA, Japan(Zone 9b)

ehignutt

I have tons of white holyhock seeds.
I grew them from the seeds traded in Dave's .
I'm willing to sent you for nothing ,if you are interested in them.

Tomtom

Thumbnail by Tomtom
Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

tomtom.............MEMEME. i will dmail you.

Millville, NJ

Have plenty of singles.... looking for doubles still. thanks.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

I have double Peaches and Cream and Chaters white. Send me an SASE if interested.

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

did you get my plants yet ehignutt? if not today then maybe tomorrow.

Millville, NJ

Mamajack, they have not arrived yet. We have 100 plus degree heat here this weekend so hopefully they are safely inside of an air conditioned post office. The heat wave is supposed to break Monday - as soon as it does, your stuff will be on its way.

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

ooooh. hate to hear that. lmk. if they are mush i can send again.

Millville, NJ

No one's to blame for the weather! But they didn't come yet so hopefully they are enjoying some A.C. I'll let you know as soon as they arrive.

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

thank you ma'am.

Millville, NJ

They arrived today; none the worse for wear. Yours are packed to go tomorrow morning first thing. They have some new buds; hopefully they won't lose them from the transit stress.

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

really ehignutt? i soaked them for awhile before they left. glad to hear they are ok. please send them in a bubble mailer if you can fit them.

Millville, NJ

mamajack, they are en route via priority mail box with plenty of roots and dirt! I wrapped them in paper towels, and newspapers. Please let me know when they arrive. I felt they would get squished in a bubble mailer.

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

thank you. i will be watching for them. i just dmailed you so we were thinking about each other. ha

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.