Seedlings getting tall

(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

I planted seeds last fall and now the plants are tall and I feel like they need to be cut off to make the plant branch. Is this correct? I don't like the looks of them and they lean over. Any advice is appreciated.

Go ahead and prune to make branches. The plant might get grouchy, don't water until there are new leaves.

A photo could be helpful. Cut to within two or three inches of the caudex.

Mm

Fort Lauderdale, FL

Message removed by sender

This message was edited Aug 23, 2010 4:43 PM

Arlington, TX

I have two arabicums and I am thinking I will just them grow and see how tall they get. Repot each spring and raise them up but let them grow as they will up top and see where it leads.
Cheryl

Fort Lauderdale, FL

[Message removed by sender

Brian
Shack in the Back Growers

This message was edited Aug 23, 2010 4:44 PM

Sorry for the confusion. I'm growing Desert Rose plants from seeds. They are about 6 months old. Some are so tall that they are leaning over. I notice all the ones at the store look chopped off so they will branch out at the bottom. I was just wondering if that's required to make them look good.

Fort Lauderdale, FL

Arlington, TX

What does the hydrogen peroxide do for the plants, that has been recommended a few times on here and I keep forgetting to ask its purpose.
C

Fort Lauderdale, FL

Arlington, TX

Ok, I know the formula for peroxide and I am not sure about the extra O2 but I can see it killing microbes etc.
C

I used peroxide on seedlings. It's great for them!

Arlington, TX

I believe you, just trying to figure out why.

Kills bad soil borne fungi and moulds, so the soil is "cleaner' for the plants. Also aids in O2, CO2 exchange.

Akron, OH(Zone 5a)

I had no idea about peroxide, thanks for the tip! How often the solution should be used?

Plumiedelphia, PA(Zone 7a)

Why is Brian deleting all of his comments?

I prefer Arabicums as they are the only Adeniums that have the ability to self heal root rot.
Ive lost so many Obesums learning I hate to think of it.
One I lost was a show winner, it took first place in blooming caudicaforms.
It was also a variegated with variegation in the flowers as well as the leaf petals.
Im learning grafting and I think grafting to an Aribicum could be quite advantageous against rot.

He says he isn't doing it.--- correct this to --yes, he deleted.

He's talking someplace else now.

This message was edited Sep 2, 2010 11:59 AM

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Quote from Malestrom :
Why is Brian deleting all of his comments?

Brian recently expressed his dissatisfaction in our long-standing rule against self-promotion that prevented him from being able to promote his business in his forum posts.

It appears he has taken it upon himself to deliberately sabotage his own posts. That's certainly regrettable, but that is what appears to have happened. If he deleted his posts in error, he can get in touch with us and we can help him restore them, since they are logged in history.

Arlington, TX

I see, too bad as he provided good input.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.