a puzzle

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

the leaves are pointed like a bindweed in the arrow shape(small ones). the flowers form like that of panduratas do. same flower type everything even has to have the ants on it like pandies do. the flower is that color of a pink moonvine with a little darker shade. the flower is the size of a pink moonvine. produces by underground runners so far. havent dug in pot to see if anything else.

opened this morning. been looking for a pic of something to it under bindweed but cant find anything. any ideas till get pics?

all this time thinking it was a white mini bindweed plant and its a beautiful lavender pink flower

(Zone 7a)

Rie, how about showing us some pictures of the flower and leaves - both front and sideways of the flower so we can see the sepals? Or better yet, on the other site for an accurate ID?

Karen

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

i posted it on the other site and Ron id it as salt marsh morning glory. http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/70856/ the pic is over there

(Zone 7a)

very pretty, Rie - thank you

Karen

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

Thanks Karen i am trying to see if i can propagate it by burying part of it as not producing seeds. so hopefully it will work. it is a very pretty mg if you have ever seen a pink bush glory bloom its sorta that color.

(Zone 7a)

nope - haven't seen a bush morning glory flower yet - but also haven't managed to kill my 2-year old seedling of I. carnea sub fistulosa (spelling?) - so my luck in that department may change.

PlantFiles has pics, though

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

yea they do

i had to start my bush morning glory seeds this year as mine i had forever did not like the snow last year. didnt even try to come back. i was so up set so keep them protected usually the 2nd year for me they start blooming.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.