creeping jenny

Lake Charles, LA

Should I burn the Creeping Jenny that I have in a pot or throw it in the trash?

Thomasville, GA(Zone 8a)

I have planted creeping jenny and it has not gotten out of hand. It may grow differently in your area but in mine it is ok. Elaine

Oshawa, Canada

I don't find creeping jenny a problem at all. To slow it down just try a good layer of mulch.

Waterman, IL(Zone 5a)

Mine behaves also. It gets a little fried looking by the end of summer.

Bozeman, MT

Mine also behaves. So far anyway: I've only owned my house since 2008. I love creeping jenny. Mine is planted in shaded areas and has the most beautiful color. Right now it is abloom with lovely little yellow flowers and I just adore it.

Waterman, IL(Zone 5a)

The color really brightens up a shaded area. I wouldn't be without it in my garden. I wonder if Angedawn is confusing it with Creeping Charlie? Now that's a beast!

Montpelier, VT

Creeping Jenny has such a light pull to get rid of most of it, & window boxes of pink, white & purple whatever (s) look great with heavy 4 ft. drapes of creeping Jenny. Even the whisky barrels of near 7 around our summer camp, somehow survive our moderate winters of above zero plus w/Jenny left behind with heavy chopped leaf mulch. Guessing that our Jenny and other somewhat invasives (Bugleweed) I am able to keep under control, just might die off in this now 15 below zero of this date, high winds, and maybe not quite enough snow to protect them.

Biggest invasive I am aware of at my home & camp gardens is Adenophora. Looking like one of the bell-typed campunula famly, and sold in mega gardening mags, they are not directly related. Tall, they grow by the side of dirt roads along with pink mallow/blue cornflower (can't think of plant name) but once used as a nicotined "coffee plant". Adenophor are sweetly beautiful light BLUE "Lady Bells" but with giant white seed potatoe roots after two yrs. that will kill everything 3 to 6 yrs. around them. They are the worst of the worst in my mind.

Time to quit blathering as I seem not to remember the Ziz-thousands names tonight that I might remember tomorrow or the day after. The Golden "Rusty" years ain't fun, mind or otherwise, carrying all kinds of planting or weeding activities come spring, and find out you need a shovel handle to grab to get off your knees. Prized dung-fork is in garage ... do you want to dog-trot on 4 limbs over lawn & driveway to get there while neighbors may be walking their dog. Or pretend you are digging furiously (which I often do) for a new plant. (Then the phone is ringing, and BR urges scream .... so jump up like a healthy 60 yr. old, or hang on for help of a fence post and run into the house to answer both "calls" -

Corinne (prounounced Rinn and not Reen! from Cap. of super Freezin' VT.

7 eho

Stroudsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

My Creeping Jenny has not been invasive at all. I love the stunning gold color that hugs the ground so closely. It makes a lovely companion to my Fat Albert Blue Spruce. Every location and situation is different.

Thumbnail by rteets

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.