Happy Jack Mom's 58th Anniversary/

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Today Donna and her DH are celebrating their 58th wedding anniversary. Have a great day and give us some hints.

Lebanon, OR

Donna CONGRATS on hitting such a big day! We only have 43 years. Today most are lucky to see 5 years or so it seems...

D

South Hamilton, MA

Best wishes on your anniversary. We just did 52 & it feels great.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Yeah Donna - here's to many more happy years together! Quite an accomplishment these days for sure!

Tomah, WI

Congratulations on your anniversary! Wishing you many more years together!

Happy Jack, AZ(Zone 5a)

Quote from WormsLovSharon :
...give us some hints.

Well, let's see, really liking each other plus loving one another is a great start. Then there's the "Don't say anything you will regret", as words are something you can't take back. And words can hurt as much as anything I can think of, and NEVER go to bed mad! My dear Mom never learned that after four tries at happiness, and that was sad.

Clear Morning Sky ~

Thumbnail by HappyJackMom
Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Belated congrats.

Thumbnail by mittsy
Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Congratulations on your anniv.
We celebrated 56 yrs. together in June and hope to be together for many more.

Maxine

Electric Ray Jap. iris

Thumbnail by Maxine
Bakersfield, CA

CONGRATULATIONS!

Raleigh, NC

missed this - happy anniversary, HappyJackMom!

or, as my Nana once said to my MIL on her 55th anniversary, "that's a mighty long time to be married to the same old man!" ROTFL

Thumbnail by bonjon
Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Happy Belated Anniversary. Hope it was a wonderful day for you both. That is a lot of memories to share. Awesome.

Happy Jack, AZ(Zone 5a)

Thank you ALL, again!

Mittsy and Bonjon, those are beautiful TBI, what's the names? Maxine, beautiful color on Electric Ray. We have never had anything but TBI and Dutch irises. In the area we came from in California 40 years ago, one never saw any other types of iris.

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Mine is a spectacular no name I received in an iris swap in 2008 from Kathy Jo. Love those noids!

Happy Jack, AZ(Zone 5a)

Sooner or later, everyone ends up with NOIDs! No matter how well I label and map them, we always loose some labels along the way. Nothing withstands the critters, snow and wind, and of course DH that steps on one now and then. lol Years before we fenced and put up two strands of electric wire, the elk would come in just after replanting and pull up the iris before they could put down their new roots! We even found some in the road. Some people use rocks for labels, wouldn't work here, as the skunks would move them around digging for grubs. ^_^

Raleigh, NC

mine is a "no-label" in a garden I visited in Virginia

Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 5b)

Im late too! Happy Belated anniversary. Something I am envious of. &:-)

Naomi

....Hmm..... rocks and labels..? I like that idea!

Melfa, VA(Zone 8a)

HappyJackMom
Wonderful words of wisdom!! Happy Anniversary!! Wish I could make it that far, but too late in life.
Hugs
Debbie

Castlewood, SD

WOW!! That is truely Awesome!! Congratulations!! Happy 58th Anniversary!! Thanks for the great advice!

Happy Jack, AZ(Zone 5a)

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! I have been so blessed to have been married to a man that loves to garden and dig up rocks! ^_^

Thumbnail by HappyJackMom
Lebanon, OR

We have the deer come in right after plant back in Sept and take a few out of the ground to taste I guess drop and go on to something else. Those with being commercial just end up in the compost pile which now is growing big time, since I am digging seedlings.

D

Happy Jack, AZ(Zone 5a)

Oh, I'd love your compost pile! LOL

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I think we should drive up there with a big truck bed....LOL. She does not realize that her rejects would sell in our uneducated part of the country. BUT NO, she wants to stay pure to the Iris. And ..............you fill in the blanks.

Houghton Lake, MI(Zone 4b)

Sorry this is so late, but happy anniversary! It is wonderful to hear about so many that are happily married for a long time.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.