Need ID please - from RU - at Kassia's a few years ago

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

Hi,
I am sure some of you got some little starter plants from Kassia a few years ago.
Mine is about 2 ft tall and bloomed last year and had skinny branches with tiny FUCHSIA blossoms on it.
Does anyone know the name please so I can mark it.
Thank you.

Thumbnail by Eglantyne
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Painter's Palette
Persicaria virginiana Painter's Palette at least thats what it looks like to me.

This message was edited Jul 1, 2010 8:00 PM
meant to add the link....
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/86613/

This message was edited Jul 1, 2010 8:03 PM

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

Celeste,
thanks a bunch...now I can finally make a tag for it....BTW your lily bulb has multiplied to 4 stalks with a bunch of buds :-)

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Glad to hear it!! :)

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Aha! It WAS Celeste that gave me that lily at Kassia's RU! My friend, you have populated even more of my gardens than I realized! Mine has a bloom coming on it too!

BTW, has anyone heard from dear Kassia lately?

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

No ,I haven't but than I haven't been on too often on DG's either.How are YOU ? :-)

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Brigette!!!! How have you been???? How are your roses?

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

Thanks for asking :-) ...I am OK but very busy with family,house and garden.My roses have grown so much that it actually looks like a jungle.OH BOY what have I done !!

Even with tying them up they were so heavy with 1000's of blossoms ( Old garden roses ) that several leaned right over to the front and are overshadowing my lilies,irises,tree peonies.I have my work cut out transplanting let me tell you.The rain we all had didn't help.

HOW is your gardening going ?

Pic.PINK FLOWER CIRCUS by German Hyb.KORDES

Thumbnail by Eglantyne
Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

Rosa " SEVEN SISTER'S " one I brought along from the old farmhouse.

Thumbnail by Eglantyne
Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Hi Brigette! I'm just fine, thank you! I have missed seeing your posts....have you done any more fantastic miniatures lately? Your roses must be so pretty even if they are doing their kudzu imitation! LOL So glad you stopped in and I hope you'll come back more often!! Seven Sisters is lovely!
Louise

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.