Dragons halo blooming again..

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

This is a seedling from 3 years ago. "Tigerama X Black dragon" I call it "Dragons Halo" Large frilly blooms that last 2-3 days.Upright growing bush.This was under flourecsent light inside.

Kyle :-)

Thumbnail by Eclipse
Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

This is the center.Notice the white stripes deep in the center.Like its parents had.This characteristic carries over from either parent it seems.

Thumbnail by Eclipse
Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

Older pic of the same flower cross, in sunlight

Thumbnail by Eclipse
Emerald Hills, CA(Zone 9b)

Wow! That's a beauty. You do good work! Any chance of seeing it commercially in the near future?

Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

That's a nice looking cross. Can definitely see a little "Black Dragon" in the coloration and some of the texture traits of "Tigerama".

Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

KYLE!! YOUR A GENIUS!!! What a beautiful creation!

Christiana, TN(Zone 6b)

I agree. Spectacular!

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

Thanks everyone. Chocolate high, black dragon, tigerama and several more have the unique white stripes in the throat of the flowers.Seems to be a dominant trait.
I need to get some more plant going of this one,Heaven forbid something would happen to the only plant of it.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Just stunning, Kyle. Thanks for sharing your beauty with us.

Hugs,
Judy

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

:-)

Christiana, TN(Zone 6b)

Kyle, how do you overwinter your hibiscus?
Kyle

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

In the basement where the temp is about 65,less water and full spectrum fluorecsent lights on timers.The whole deal is to get them to live over and not bloom during storage.There are also a few small windows for normal light too.they go to sleep basically and stay that way till spring.NO fertilizer after about sept 30th.This hardens them off for the sleep cycle.They loose a few leaves but is amazing how they stay nice in low light and less water.Hibiscus should never be cold and wet at the roots.If cool or cold they should be on the dry side.I water them and my palms about once or twice a week in storage.

Christiana, TN(Zone 6b)

Thanks for the overwintering tips, Kyle. I ordered 2 hibiscus the other day. My first ones.
Kyle

Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

wabbit, which ones did you get?

Christiana, TN(Zone 6b)

Black Dragon and Gabriel. Cajuns. From bigbadflower.com Cajun isn't part of the name is it?
Also I ordered a Mandevilla Sun Parasol Pink.

Los Angeles, CA

Very nice cross! and under florescent light!

Prairieville, LA(Zone 9a)

Cajun is part of the Trademark for hibiscus bred by Dupont nursery in Louisiana

http://dupontnursery.com/catalog/cajun-hibiscus

Wow!!! Stunning colors..

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

Too bad it died a couple of seasons ago.I may try to remake the cross and see what happens.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.