Muntingia calabura seedlings for trade

Gainesville, FL

I have about a dozen extra seedlings of Muntingia calabura that I would like to swap for some other tropical fruit plants, but I am also open to other things, please see my "want" list for the kinds of plants I am interested in. Thanks

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/56251/

Central Texas, TX(Zone 8b)

Might you be interested in an Orinoco or Gran Nain banana?

Gainesville, FL

I would like a pup of Gran Nain, already have Orinoco, D-mail me. Thanks

San Marcos, TX(Zone 8b)

Dean,
You will love your Jamaican Cherry. I have one in the ground and one in a pot. Both are producing lots of fruit but the one in the ground is much taller. I am going to prune and wrap the one in the ground with 8 inches of insulation this winter and hope for the best. They just love the Texas weather so I recommend increasing the pot size until you get to a 20-30 gallon and bringing it inside during the winter. Mine will fruit all winter but none of them ripen until it gets in the high 80's.

Thumbnail by jujubetexas
San Marcos, TX(Zone 8b)

This picture lets you see the larger one in the background that is planted in the ground. I will most likely lose it this winter.

Thumbnail by jujubetexas

Thanks, I wanted to give it a try. Looks as though they spread out a bit? I think if you put insulation it should help. Perhaps a few strings of Christmas lights too wouldn't hurt.

San Marcos, TX(Zone 8b)

I plan on cutting off all the limbs and putting a fence around it with leaves. I dont think I am going to mess around with lights since I would have to do it every year. Plus, I will always have the other one in the pot.

Sounds like a good plan putting the leaves.

San Marcos, TX(Zone 8b)

The worst part is having to harvest the fruit every morning and evening. I hate fresh fruit twice a day.

Ha Ha! Why you hate that.

I hate to hijack this thread...started another here.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1113511/

This message was edited Jul 6, 2010 6:12 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.