More shoots of Campsis radicans

Lake Park, GA

Other than renting a backhoe, or moving, does anyone have a good program for removing this scourge from my yard/trees/compost pile?

There was Trumpet vine in my pine trees when I bought the house, and it didn't seem all that terrible . . . five years later, it is EVERYwhere I don't want it to be, and it seems the more I pull it, cut it, curse it, the faster it spreads!

Help, please, before it covers ME up and I can't move!!!

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

I just keep pulling - a never-ending task. I know of no other way to erradicate it.

Hendersonville, NC(Zone 7a)

Endless, endless pulling/digging out, or spot applications of RoundUp; those are the only things I found that worked. I pulled/dug for years, finally resorted to the chemical approach. I know this is an eastern US native, but aggressive doesn't begin to describe it. And once I started pulling it, it never flowered - so it offered nothing but annoyance.
Ruth

(Di) Seven Mile, OH(Zone 6b)

I found a product by Bonide -Stump and Vine Killer - that really seems to work. But....I am fanatical about getting the shoots when they are young, cutting and applying it. So far it seems to have helped greatly. Round-up doesn't even seem to bother mine.

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Where do you buy it, Jana?

(Di) Seven Mile, OH(Zone 6b)

I found it at a local nursery but the big box stores around here carry Bonide products too.

Lake Park, GA

Thank you all for the replies -- have been cutting and pulling, but will try the Bonide. (I'd like to claim that the TV has been holding me hostage . . . but really, it's been lots of other things ;-} )

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.