Wolfe Eye Dogwood-Fungal?

Enumclaw, WA

I have a Wolfe Eye Dogwood that just started to turn tricolor and the leaves are dying. Is this fungal? HELP! It has been a VERY wet spring with little to no sun and the temperature has barely been over 75 all spring.

What should I do? More and more leaves each day are starting to become affected.

Thumbnail by aureumtadum
Enumclaw, WA

Here's another picture so you can see it a bit better??

Thumbnail by aureumtadum
Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

I've seen this before and thought it was from transport damage or planting. I thought it shows more on the Wolf's Eye than other Cornus. I also thought it might be from too much sun but we can't say that this year. I'm not sure what it is but I've noticed it several times.

Enumclaw, WA

Growin,

Does it kill the tree usually? Or is it something over time that the tree grows through? It seems as though it is getting progressively worse. So, hence, the continued questioning.

Thanks regardless,
Aureum

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

I noticed it on 2 trees in a display garden last year but haven't been back. I also noticed it on the 3 larger trees at work and at a retail nursery I visited. How long have you had the tree in the ground?

Enumclaw, WA

Just about a month. It's been very wet and cooler than normal this year. It's looked almost a bit wilted since we put it in. Then all of a sudden the leaves started changing colors and started to drop off. The idea that it's transplant shock works for me, yet at the same time I wondered about a fungal infections due to the weather. There's a Wolfe Eye less than two blocks from our home still in burlap, in a pot, that hasn't been affected at all. So transplant shock could explain it potentially.

Does anyone else have any ideas what it might be?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.