"I'd rather just eat cheese and crackers"

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

I am dealing with my mom and her broken kneecap/ leg in brace. She had ten days in excellent care at acute rehab but now is balking at subacute (in nursing home) rehab. I don't think she realizes how much work it would be for her at home right now. Leg still in straight position for a few more weeks at least. She went to the bathroom all by herself last night (in the huge and fully handicapped fitted bathroom) and thinks she's good to go.home (and not have the fear of loss of control in a new situation) Hence, instead of giving me time to arrange for a life alert system and Meals on wheels at the bare minimum, while I try to continue to manage my own household and of course will be helping her with other things. she's got the "I'd rather just eat cheese and crackers" atitude.
I am sorry to be venting, I know others have it much worse. But I know some here will understand my feelings.

This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!