TIME TO SLOW DOWN

Atkinson, NH(Zone 5a)

Monday was my day. First time I never had heart problem, except for sometimes high blood pressure. Fast ambulance ride to Lawrence General Hospital. Cardiac team was ready when we arrived. They did not waste any time before I knew it was in ICU resting comfortably. Been picked, poked, scanned and looked at for two days will be going home tomorrow. Doctors, nurses and hospital staff here have been great.

Looks like my life style will have to change a little. All Grunt and heavy work will be done by machine, Son-in-laws or grand children.

Expect to be up to full speed in a few weeks. I don’t expect blog activity to slow down and may even increase.

So now you have the news. See you next post.

John

Thumbnail by JWLW
Atkinson, NH(Zone 5a)

Its now Sunday Aftrenoon all is well. Resting comfortably at home, doctor says minimal damage to heart. Grounded for a few weeks to allow heart to recover and things to heal.

Enjoy your evening,
John

Thumbnail by JWLW
Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

My goodness, that is a scary wake up call isn't it. Glad you are on the mend and doing as the doctors recommend. You are right, time for someone a bit younger to do the tough stuff. You just do the minor maintenance and walk about enjoying the past years of hard work, you deserve it. Good luck to you and feel better soon.

columbia, TN(Zone 7a)

Glad to hear it wasn't too serious, it sucks getting to the point where the body starts having problems. Love the garden and pink lupines. Is the bird a falcon?

Sorry John - Keep your chin up, time heals.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Take care of yourself John, we'll see ya more around here then, huh?

Atkinson, NH(Zone 5a)

Thanks ngam, Where is southeast mass. ??

Enjoy your evening,
John

Thumbnail by JWLW
Atkinson, NH(Zone 5a)

Hi kobwebz: Bird is a Broad-Winged Hawk

Have a great evening,
John

Thumbnail by JWLW
Atkinson, NH(Zone 5a)

Hi schickenlady: Nothing to be sorry about, just think of all the hard work I just got out of doing.

Enjoy your evening,
John

Thumbnail by JWLW
Atkinson, NH(Zone 5a)

HI Jen, You are probably right Northeast Forum may see more of me but my blog will see a lot more of me. "Liza and John's Garden" http://jwlwgardens.com

Enjoy the evening,
John

Thumbnail by JWLW
Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

I like your attitude John. Down here in the Taunton area. About half way between Boston and Providence, RI.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Good luck, John. Be well.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Wow, John! That's quite a great catch! How very frightening, and how is Liza doing through all of this? So glad to hear things have turned out well and you have a new lease on life. Slow down is right, my friend! Smell some roses and visit some gardens!! Best to you and Liza from both me and Hank!
Louise

Thumbnail by DonnieBrook
Thomaston, CT

Sorry to hear of your heart problems, John...stay in the A/C during these hot spells, & keep the dogs company.

Thumbnail by ROBINDOG
Atkinson, NH(Zone 5a)

Thanks Victor, see ya around the garden.

Enjoy your gardens,
John

Thumbnail by JWLW
Atkinson, NH(Zone 5a)

Thanks Loise and Hank: I like your idea Smell some roses and visit some gardens, sounds like a great way to spend the summer.

Enjoy your gardens,
John

Thumbnail by JWLW
Atkinson, NH(Zone 5a)

Hi Robindog: Thanks, will keep the dogs company.

Enjoy your gardens,
John

Thumbnail by JWLW
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

That is a great pic!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Sorry to hear that John, take care and be well.

This message was edited Jun 28, 2010 5:48 AM

Thomaston, CT

Very cute photo of the dog, & a winner of the hummer!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

glad you got through that with minimal damage - take care of yourself and feel better!

Atkinson, NH(Zone 5a)

Hi Pixie: Thanks, see ya at one of the RU's.

Enjoy the evening,
John

Thumbnail by JWLW
Atkinson, NH(Zone 5a)

Hi Bill: Thanks, guess I wont be lifting large stone's any more.

Enjoy the evening,
John

Thumbnail by JWLW
Southeastern, NH(Zone 5b)

Would like to send you well wishes for good health from here on! Glad that you seem to be doing well now. Take care. :)

Columbus, OH

Sorry to hear you must slow down. Happy that no serious damage was done. God Bless and feel good.

Atkinson, NH(Zone 5a)

HI Meredith79: Thanks, glad to see you again.

Enjoy your evening,
John

Thumbnail by JWLW
Atkinson, NH(Zone 5a)

Hi confussedlady: Thanks, glad to meet you.

Enjoy the evening,
John

Thumbnail by JWLW
Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

John, how are you doing these days??? Just thinking about you and hoping you and Liza are doing well. Take it easy!!
Louise

Atkinson, NH(Zone 5a)

Hi Louise: Things are going good, just relaxing and playing on the internet.

Grampa and newest addition to Liza and John's Garden Family, just relaxing and enjoying grand children.

Thumbnail by JWLW
Atkinson, NH(Zone 5a)

Liza relaxing and enjoying the grand children also. Spent the day in Brewster with Liza's son and family.

Thumbnail by JWLW
Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Good to hear, John!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Just saw this thread. Thankful it wasn't more serious JWLW. Please have a relaxing summer!

Atkinson, NH(Zone 5a)

Hi dahlianut, yes relaxing summer, looking for things to do that take little or no physical effort.

Thanks for the concern,
John

Thumbnail by JWLW
Atkinson, NH(Zone 5a)

this is a test. Trying to see if Dragon NaturallySpeaking will work on this forum. Seems it's working fairly good, now I can come on here and say all want without having to type.

This message was edited Jul 13, 2010 5:05 PM

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Well how cool is that?

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Hi, John. Follow Dr.s instructions & get well. I've been laid up for a while, too.
The yellow flower with no ID on your blog may be a Gazania.
So, you like the voice recognition software?
Andy P

Atkinson, NH(Zone 5a)

Hi Andy: Just started trying the voice recognition software, so far it's worked pretty good. Expect it will take couple of weeks to get through the learning curve. Yellow flower appears to be Rudbeckia hirta 'Green Eyes'.

Thumbnail by JWLW
Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

very pretty, John!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.