Show Us Your Annabelles

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

I swapped for a rooted cutting of Annabelle early last spring and it is full of blooms, right now, even tho I dug it up and it's still in the pot. I absolutely love it. Talk about bloom power! Gotta get some more...may try layering it. I can't post a pic of mine right now, because we just moved, and don't have everything on the puter hooked back up, but I would love to see yours, and how you are using them in your landscape.
Thanks...
Dee

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 6b)

What soil admentments do Hydrangeas like when planted? My son will need to transplant Annabelle from a pot because it is getting too large. I have extra bags of leafgro and I bought a bag of organic bonemeal.. will this work if we dig the hole and mix these with garden soil, or are they the wrong things to use?

Upper Saint Clair, PA(Zone 6a)

Here are some of mine. Love them. So easy and so pretty!

Thumbnail by linjasar
Oshawa, Canada

Annabelles? Your wish is my command

Thumbnail by JimsGarden
Silver Spring, MD(Zone 6b)

Went to visit my son last week and on his kitchen counter in a small glass was the most beautiful sage green hydrangea bloom. He said it came from the hydrangea that Mone had sent me from Chicago. It is called Annabelle and is supposed to have white blooms. I had never seen a sage green bloom and I questioned him if it was real or silk. I even went outside to see if he still had the plant ID label in the patio container where he had planted Annabelle. Sure enough it was there and I emailed Mone and she told me that Annabelle has white blooms but when it is finished blooming, it does turn a pretty sage green color. I touched it and it wasn't shedding or brittle, but I didn't know how long it had been in same water, so I took it out, replaced the water and trimmed a bit off the stem. It is so beautiful, that it looks like a silk one. Jim, does your annabelles do the same color switch?

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Here's a closeup taken around 7/6/10.

This message was edited Aug 27, 2010 11:23 PM

Thumbnail by greenbrain
Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Taken around 7/6/10.

Thumbnail by greenbrain
Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Mine are more upright because they're in cages to keep the dogs from digging around them.

West Chester, PA(Zone 6b)

Every year in early May our town has a plant sale. All the plants are divisions of plants that grow in the yards in town which the owners donate for the sale. In 2007 I was lucky to find someone had donated some 'Annabelle' to the sale. She was only a couple stems about 12 inches high. But not to worry, she grew very fast!! This is a photo of her in 2009.

Thumbnail by kastrol

Here is another.....I forgot to mention that all the money raised goes to one of our parks in the town.

Thumbnail by kastrol

A close up.....

Thumbnail by kastrol
Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

I have some iris recently given to me & I now know where to plant them.

Very good! I since had to move mine. They got full of those darn borers. They were so bad I just moved the iris (the ones that were ok) I was afraid they would be in the dirt.....I did like the iris under the Annabelle though......

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.