Incredibal and Vanilla Strawberry

Edwardsville, IL(Zone 6a)

How much sun do these need? Like Endless Summer?
Has anyone had Vanilla Strawberry bloom yet?
thanks,
Judy

Upper Saint Clair, PA(Zone 6a)

Here is my newly planted Incredibal from White Flower Farm this year. They get morning sun until about 10. The largest flower is over 14 in in diameter! Love them. I am planting my new Vanilla Strawberries (no blooms yet) in dappled shade.

Thumbnail by linjasar
Hull,Ga, GA(Zone 8a)

I have a Vanilla Strawberry I bought from White Flower Farms this year and it has bloomed...about 5 and so far they are all white. I am on vacation now, and don't know if they have started to turn pink yet.I hope to be home by next week and will check it out.

Thumbnail by tajataja

Very nice, thank you. I got my first one from Garden Crossings and I have two more coming from WFF this fall. My plant is very full, but no blooms this year. I hope you have a great vaca. I also hope the blooms will be pink soon. Keep up posted.

Linda

Edwardsville, IL(Zone 6a)

I am glad to hear that your blooms are white. I have about 8 on my Vanilla Strawberry that are all white. I was wondering if it was mislabeled. Feeling better now after your post. I am looking forward to something pink soon. Let's keep updates going. Have fun on your vacation! Always fun to come home to see what's surprises are happening.

thanks,
Judy

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

They start off white but should age to pink. I don't have one so I don't know how long it takes for the pink color to start to show up, but being white at first sounds very normal.

Hull,Ga, GA(Zone 8a)

Jgrinter, I was under the impression that they bloom white, and them turn pink. We will see won't...?

I also heard that they stay white for about 2 weeks and then stay pink for another 3-4 weeks. Here's hoping!

Hurst, TX(Zone 7b)

I just found out about Bella Anna, another Incrediball-type newcomer, from Bailey's Nursery.

http://www.plantintroductions.com/hydrangeabellaanna.html

Pekin, ND

I planted Vanilla Strawberry in May--it is loaded with white to red large blooms--check out my post--there is a photo taken about a month ago--there are more blooms and some are turning red--its gorgeous!

Danville, IN

samting: Where's that post?

Oops. Found it! Great photo. I planted three Vanilla Strawberries, in full bloom, in mid-summer. With the local hot drought (driest August on record), even with lots of water, they suffered, with lots of browning. I'm heartened by your photo and know they will be gorgeous next year.

This message was edited Aug 27, 2010 4:56 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.