Morning Glories 2010 #08

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

:-) :-) :-)

I will be doing another group seed swap at the end of this year, so definitely bag and tag your collected seeds again. I have already collected lots of seeds for the swap. :-)

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks Helena, I forgot to mention how pretty your Rose Silk is,
really special.
Thanks Becky.

I had one that made a cool flower yesterday.

Thumbnail by
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

That is a pretty Pink, Joseph.

Nice pink bloom Joseph.

I like its little belly button turned inside out... uhmm reverse tube right?

Takes forever to post photos on DG for some strange reason...

This is Jackie's Fuji no Sora seed/vine. Sweet blooms! Unusual color of blue. Almost a lavender blue shade.

Thumbnail by beckygardener

This is Purple Speckles showing the dark solid purple bloom with the speckled blooms. One vine, different blooms. Love it! :-)

That one above posted much quicker. :-)

I just tried sending this one and it kicked out, so I logged back onto the internet and my post is still here! WEIRD!!!!

This is Yuuzuki. The color on this is most vivid. The American name is probably Rose Silk.

This is Full Moon looking pale and pretty! Something about this cultivar ... I really love it. It is definitely yellow. Blooms are usually large and it has nice foliage that compliment the blooms. I have managed to get a few seeds from it. Won't know it those seeds are crosses or true. Little pollen on this vine. :-/

This is Silver Wolf. Another lovely vine with complimenting foliage. Sun is scorching the leaves because it is soooo hot here. No seeds yet on this one. I have a cutting of this in water trying to root it.

This is Pink Silk looking almost completely white with just a hint of pink on the edge of the bloom.

Isn't there a Lavender Silk? Or am I dreaming. This is one I hope to get crosses from...

Last one. I don't have the patience for the load time right now...

Happy 4th of July to everyone here! :-) :-) :-)

I just saw this photo, so had to post it. I planted all the seeds on Monday evening. They started sprouting by Thursday. 3 full days to germinate. Pretty impressive. All 6 of Antoinette's came up first. I wanna know her secret! LOL!

Of the 24 cups, 22 are MGs. In this photo you can see 12 that are sprouting. That is pretty darn good germination rate to see 50+% in just 3 days! Can't wait to see what the blooms look like.

Becky, so glad you are sharing some blooms. Incredible Rose Silk
and Silver Wolf. Love the lavender Fuji no Sora

your blooms are outstanding, becky, i really like the Silver Wolf. Pretty!

Thanks Elsa, Jackie, and Debra!

I hope this next group of MG grow-outs are just as nice. Many may be crosses that are new to me! I love crosses that produce those big, bold, and beautiful I. nil blooms! I. nils are my personal favorite species of MGs. I like blooms I can see from across my yard. :-)

I was surprised by the Silver Wolf I grew. I was expecting a silvery gray bloom. But I think the blue stands out quite nice against the lighter foliage. I will continue to try to create crosses of many of my vines. That's what the Japanese are known for ... their crosses to get such unique and beautiful vines and blooms. They've got it down to a science ... I just dabble in MG genetics with a simple artist's paint brush. I never cease to be amazed by these vines. Such fun to grow them and cross them! :-) :-) :-)

Saz #01 Lavender with a nice pattern
Hope I've not sent this one already.

Thumbnail by patootie

We're going here

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1113269

Thumbnail by patootie
Norfolk, VA

I'm trying to grow a morning glory cordon style to make larger and better quality flowers like the do sweet peas. I let the plant grow 7 leaves and pinch back if neccesary and keep the most rubust shoot and remove the rest including flower buds and repeat this pocess for how many times as I can.

Here is Early call pink, i. nil tial 1

Tony

Thumbnail by MGMan
Norfolk, VA

Trial 1 con't

Thumbnail by MGMan
Norfolk, VA

trial 2

Thumbnail by MGMan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.