Morning Glories 2010 #08

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

The colours are beautiful on all of your vines, everyone!

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Becky, wish I had time to try crossing. All I can do to keep them watered
in this horrible heat.

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

So, I was so envious of everyone's MGs. Deer had a big salad party a few weeks ago but I finally have some different blooms! Here is one of Dany's i nil from the MG swap. So pretty, light blue with fringe of white on the edge. Dany, do you recognize one of these?

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

Here is one of Karen's beautiful Kikyo Ice. She's a beauty. I've never had MG's like this. Not fully opened yet, I'll post another photo when it's fully opened. The dark spade leaves belonged to this flower. The lime MG leaves next to it is a different plant. It hardly started vining up yet but already produced several buds. I saw the buds last night and could not wait to see what it was this morning. Tag is missing from this container but I have a diagram so I will double check later, but there is no mistake it's Karen's Kikyo Ice.

Thumbnail by LiliMerci
(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

Nicole - Beautiful blooms!

Sorry to hear about your deer problems. Here ... it is the rats ... I think I'd rather have deer chewing up my MG vines. At least they are more beautiful creatures than rats! (Ugh) I found one of my Heavenly Blue vines chewed through at the base of the vine. Grrrr ... I know it was a rat! I filled a vase with water and set it in the container and stuck the severed vine into it. So it is still growing. But I can't believe the darn rat climbed across the chicken wire that I have covering the container and sat there and chewed the vine in half. These rats are too smart for traps ... as I've already tried that. And I can't poison them because other animals eat them. So not sure what I am going to do to rid my yard of those awful rodents! They are true pests!!!

Ewww! Yes, I'd rather have deer and rabbits than rats. My MIL had one one time and he was very hard to trap and rid of.

lovely blooms Nicole. I love blues.

Well, I still have a Kikyo bud but the deer had another salad party last night and ate all the other buds on my MGs. AAARRRRGGGGGHHH!!!!

szarvas, Hungary

Nicole takes pictures!
Here last year it was very dry and the deer came to us for drinking.
A mother and her two cubs.

Thumbnail by dany12

Great pic Dany.
Becky's Mauve Splash, 1st blooms today
Thanks Becky

Thumbnail by patootie

Sazanami #1 this morning. I liked this pattern

Thumbnail by patootie

Weird Sazanami dark sd. Still making the same
bloom pattern.

Thumbnail by patootie

Nicole - Sorry to hear that the deer had another snack in your garden! :-( :-(

Dany - What a lovely photo of the deer and her babies. So serene!

Jackie - Ooooh! I find that Mauve Splash VERY interesting! I look forward to more blooms to see what it does. :-) I did some crossing with last year's vines. It might be a cross ...

And that light Sazanami looks like a cross ... perhaps with Fuji no Sora. Beautiful!!! ALL of them!

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie, really neat Mauve Splash! Love all of them.

I moved all my front containers to the back in an area that is harder for them to get to AND I gave it a good egg spray. Lets see in the morning. Why can't they eat those i pur growing like wildfire on the ground!!!

Buy yourself a doggie that barks like crazy?

Thanks Becky and Helena. We'll see what the Mauve Splash does next

Nicole - Does that stuff (can't remember the name) that has the scent of a predator ... work? You spray it around whatever area you wish to keep animals out of.

Or you could do as one of my friends did ... she had her son pee near some of her deer loving plants. Just close enough to the plant to keep the deer at bay, but not so close to kill the plant. And believe me ... human urine WILL kill a plant! Her son managed to kill two of her backyard bushes. Ya gotta love redneck folks! LOL! Her 4 year old son is a real nature boy! lol lol lol It worked though! No deer near whatever plants she was trying to save. (I don't remember what they were, I just remember her story! lol)

Well, hopefully your neighbors won't put weed kill down by the joining fence..

Thumbnail by joeswife

Poor things..

Thumbnail by joeswife

lucky for me I had others planted elsewhere..

Thumbnail by joeswife

nothing scares the deer or rabbits around here! My lame dog and the deer just look at each other.

Gautier, MS

Sorry to hear about the deer Nicole and the weed killing neighbor Debra, geesh.

Denim mix.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Adark Tsukiyono.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Purple and stripes, not sure which this one is.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Sazanami #2.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

My first Sazanami #2 vine.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Fuji no Monet.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Baby blue & pink.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Lots of pretty Pink Porcelain blooms today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

A choco or rose silk with blizzard.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Here is a good photo of Kikyo Ice.

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

And Murasakihigezaki, which I've posted before. The flower is more pink-ish-purple than the photo.

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

Helena, Gorgeous blooms you're still getting. Love the blue Sazanami's. Some of mine act like they're trying to finish up blooming. No wonder, they're eat up with mites.
Wish I had marked this one. A Sazanami
for sure, but which one. I think maybe Weird Saz, lite colored seed

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Nicole and Jackie. Thanks Jackie,sorry about the mites. We finally been getting lots of rain now so hope my vines don't end up with rust. But quite a few are winding down too.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Oh Debra! I can't believe your neighbors did that! I'd be so mad!!!! Grrrr ...

Helena - Love that Denim Mix. That's a really nice color on yours!!! I also love the color and pattern of your dark Tsukiyono. Lovely!!! Your Sazanami blooms/vines are to die for! Amazing!!! I am looking at all of yours again and they are all so pretty! I really love your Rose Silk Blizzard, too! Yummy!!!

Nicole - Lovely Murasakihigezaki. Is it a split petal cultivar?

Jackie - Lovely unusual Sazanami blooms! Love the little spots on yours! Looks like fairy dust! ;-)

I love all those blooms. I really am thankful I can sit and gaze at them here. Thank You all of you.

Becky, it is a split petals. Usually, they are more split looking than this one.

Nicole - Very, very nice! I thought it was, but couldn't quite tell for sure in your photo. Thanks for clarifying the split petals. :-)

Thanks Becky. Hopefully, I'll have some seeds.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.