Morning Glories 2010 #08

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Look at this one. Weird Sazanami dark seed on the front porch.
Gotta love the open pollinated

To return to thread #07

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1107824

Thumbnail by patootie
szarvas, Hungary

Jackie, a beautiful beauty !
A piece of the earth from the moon!

Jackie,

That is a nice one, for certain.

Joseph

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

Jackie - Really neat what kind of blooms you are getting on the OP Sazanami vine! I bet it will produce some really wild blooms before long! I just love the Sazanami genes! Truly a remarkable cultivar that the Japanese created to perfection! :-)

Thanks Dany, Joseph and Becky. I will share some of these sds later
hoping it will make plenty. I may test 1 or 2 of these in the fall.
Becky, I have about 7 to 8 Saz's open now. This Weird Saz on the
front porch that made the above pretty blooms, is not the same as the back yard Weird SAz. but both are from Karen's dark seeded form. I have 2 LF001's,
making lav blooms and 2 LF002's making blue blooms
So far, the Weird Sazanami's are making the most interesting blooms.
Becky,the other Weird bloom is the b.yard striped bloom I had already sent pics of.

Thumbnail by patootie
szarvas, Hungary

I thought to be in fashion in 2010 you must produce speckled flowers !
It seems not, Sazanami will be the flower of the year.

Even in Japan !
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=ja&langpair=en%7Cja&u=http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/floramanana/all/&rurl=translate.google.co.jp&usg=ALkJrhiPcF08rP8JuVbGz0wKGWANUtoMxA

Thumbnail by dany12

Ooh wow, so beautiful Dany.
I love the google translator and seeing my screen name patootie
translated to Japanese. So Cool

Gautier, MS

Beautiful Blooms Jackie, Debra, Joseph and Dany. This is really getting to be a nice growing season.

Here is my Sazanami #2.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

A bloom from Asahi.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

My Blue NOID, no blooms alike!

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Tsukiyono, not too sure about this one but had 2 huge blue blooms.

Edit to say, I checked the vine closer and found that it's Sazanami #1 with the huge blue bloom that was climbing onto the Tsukiyono.

This message was edited Jun 27, 2010 8:55 AM

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

A small but neat bloom from Purple Dawn.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

Thanks for the new thread!!

Dany - Your Sazanami looks like the lighter form of the lavender cultivar. Where did your seeds come from? I wonder if you would mind sharing a photo of the leaves on that one. They looked solid color from what I could see. I agree ... Sazanami is the one to grow and cross this year!

Helena - Love your Sazanami too! Your vines look like they are blooming in flushes! So pretty! You've picked some very nice cultivars to grow this year! Your Blue NOID is stunning! As is the pink Asahi! Reminds me a little of Hanafubuki that I've grown for a couple of years. :-)

I do think mine are winding down. Fewer blooms now and the leaves are dropping. Lots of seed pods are crispy brown and ready for collecting. I am starting some new cultivars today. Hopefully, when the current ones are pretty much done, the new seedlings will be ready for transplanting into the same buckets.

Love your blooms Helena, the blue no id is really special. I love your pink and the Tsukiyono.
Joseph beautiful blues and dbl calystegia on thread #07.
Tony your pink is to die for.
Another from my Weird Saz dark sd vine on the front porch.
Fighting mites on this one

This message was edited Jun 26, 2010 1:54 PM

Thumbnail by patootie
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

This one is a little different from the one yesterday.
I agree, that there are alot of beautiful flowers being shown right now. All of you have gorgeous blooms.

Thumbnail by joeswife

Pretty bloom Debra. Great color

Here's my contribution for today, another dusky blizzard JMG that made a larger flower than the first one.

Thumbnail by

Here is the double pink Calystegia again. I am in awe of this plant's beautiful flowers; don't they look like roses or perhaps peonies?

Joseph

Thumbnail by

Look at the new addition, a blue Mount Fuji, I love it!

Thumbnail by

I love them too, Joseph.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie, love your beautiful bloom! Nice bloom too Debra and Joseph!

Becky, that's the name I couldn't remember! I like that Sazanami from you lots!!

Here's Tempest with more darker Lavender.

This message was edited Jun 27, 2010 9:10 AM

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Another Aomurasaki Blizzard Youjiro mix.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Fuji no Monet with wider white (stripes?).

This message was edited Jul 8, 2010 6:23 PM

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

A neat bloom from Blue Marble not.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms, Helena! It's nice to take a break from housework for a few moments and feast my eyes on your gorgeous blooms. Love the Aomurasaki Blizzard Youjiro mix and the unusual Fuji no Monet. Pretty coolrs on the Blue Marble NOT vine, too! All of them are so very pretty!

My vines are starting to die back. Been collecting a lot of seeds from the majority of them. Two vines are being really stingy with seed production, but the two I enjoyed the most - Blue Speckled Cross and Sidare made quite a nice amount of seeds. It will be enough hopefully to share during the next annual group seed swap at the end of this year. :-)

Joseph all pretty blooms but I'm in love with your dbl Calystegia, it's so
showy.
Thanks Helena, great blooms you're getting. Love your Murasaki
and no Monet.
Here's my 1st purple Fuji no Monet, had a white one last yr.

Thumbnail by patootie

Here's my surprise for today. I had 2 Weird Sazanami light seeds,
setting in a grow trey out back. One has varieg lvs and the other has
plain green lvs so I knew something would be different. Found it open this
am, the plain green lvs had this gorgeous purple bloom.

Thumbnail by patootie

This one is pretty and variable, Weird Saz lite sd with varieg lvs
Pretty lite blue bloom

Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie - Wowee! Your mutant/crossed Sazanami blooms are out-of-this-world! It will be fun to see if they continue to mutate into something like the mother vine. Just amazing and beautiful!!!!

Jackie really pretty blues, both of them.

Thanks Becky and Debra. Becky, these are exciting to grow. Never know what you're going to find in the mornings. lol

Norfolk, VA

How do you come up with names of your plant varieties like N78, N11, or L31? Because I was going to do something like that when I name my varieties from the F2 and F3 offspring of my single and 3-way crosses.

Tony

Hi Tony,

My growing is totally not related to genetic experimentation. It is an arbitrary system for placing a code on an unknown JMG plant and associating the flower photo with the plant and hopefully seed collection. The letter refers to the person from whom I obtained the unknown, and the number is sequential based on the order I potted it up.

Here is N33, for example. The flower is all maroon-red, a stunning JMG with variegated leaves.

Joseph

Thumbnail by

Here is a JMG I bought from Derek / MGJapan that was supposed to be Kanoko (his name was Shikanoko) but it is obviously not the red speckled flower that is made by Kanoko. It is a large pink flowering JMG with variegated leaves. I have seen this flower before but am uncertain what strain it was substituted for Kanoko.

Joseph

Thumbnail by

Here is a nice variation on a theme of JMG with red tube being the common trait. Some were dusky blizzard, others almost silver grey, and most were this type. It is a nice one.

Thumbnail by
Gautier, MS

I love your blooms Jackie! Pretty neat blooms too Joseph.

Heavy rains here damaged most of my blooms.
Another vine with the lable of Tempest.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

A pretty Purple Dawn.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena Dazzling Tempest, I love it

Lovely red and pink blooms Joseph

Thumbnail by patootie

Joseph - Nice reddish-pink blooms!

Helena - Love your Tempest blooms as well as all the others you have growing!

Jackie - I can see the pattern on your Sazanami! I am so glad you are getting the blooms with the lovely pattern! Cool aren't they? :-) :-) :-) You should try crossing them with your other I. nil vines ...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.