Coleus ID Please :)

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

This is one coleus in the picture taken this spring. Does anyone know the name of it? Thank you.

ants

Thumbnail by antsinmypants
Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

Here is a closeup of what it looks like now. It lost all of the solid burgundy shown in the other picture.

ants

Here are several choices http://www.coleusfinder.org/pictures.php
When you click on that link you will see a tri-colored leaf in the upper right corner.
Right below the leaf is a box asking them to show all images. Click on that and hit enter.
You can compare all those until you find yours.
CC
PS I thunk Coleusfinder.org is one of the best toys on my PC

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

Well, I'll have to wait until 1:00am to look because I'm over my FAP & can barely load this page right now, but thank you for the link :) Here is a picture of the same plant in full shade.

ants

That one has no red/purple heart. The last picture I think is Wizard Jade. It's really pretty too.
The first one may be Wizard Rose. They are both shade coleus. They are often sold together in six packs.
CC

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

The last picture is cuttings I took off of the plant in the first two pictures. Same plant in shade. If I set it next to the other plant the red will come back. The cuttings had red on them when I cut them & lost the red when I put them in the shade.

ants

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

I've looked & think it may be one of these, but have no idea which one. Anyone know for sure if it is or isn't one of these? Thanks :)

ants

'Dark Heart'
'Dusky Trailing Prince'
PILLAGE
PISTACHIO
COLEUS REHNELTIANUS DUSKY TRAILING PRINCE
'Primary Colors'
'Rainbow Mixed'
'Red Trailing Queen'
'Rex'
'Roseo'
'Solar Radiance'
'Stained Glass'
'Swiss Sunshine'
'Tantric Can Can'
'Trailing Burgundy'
'Trailing Pink & Green'----------
Pistachio Nightmare -------------
Christmas Candy
Trailing Lava Rose

New Hyde Park, NY

It looks like my Violet Tri-Color but colors are more vivid in part sun.

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

Thank you, but the pink on mine doesn't go out as far into the leaves as the Violet Tri-Color does. It tends to turn more burgundy in the sun with just a little pink in the center.

ants

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Might be Trailing Queen which is sometimes referred to as Trailing Strawberry.I have Queen.Its so durable.

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

Thank you. It does look a lot like 'Trailing Queen'. But in pictures I can find of it, it looks like the edges stay green even when in the sun. With mine, even the edges turn burgundy. Do yours do this? And if you put them in shade, do they lose all of the pink & burgundy?

ants

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

If you go to Plant Files and search I believe there is a pic from someone who grew them in sun.
Here is one planted in the ground with astilbe Younique SilveryPink.
I have never seen the heart shape disappear.

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Here is is last year.This tub was in what I would call bright shade to shade.
Its at the back of the planting.

Thumbnail by ge1836
Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

Thank you.

ants

Glen Riddle Lima, PA

looks like trailing queen... trailing strawberry drop has more rounded leaves.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.