Hydrangea wilting - please help!

New Hyde Park, NY

I have two small Hydrangeas that are wilting. I watered them a lot yesterday when I noticed, but they are still wilting :(

What should I do?

Thanks!

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

I don't know about in NY, but mine here in MS take TONS of water & are wilted often. Do you notice if they perk up at night or in the morning? Can you take a picture of them?

ants

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

Mine were pretty sad looking yesterday after being out in 90 degree humidity, but have perked back up today. A few leaves and stems are turning brown, so I trimmed those.

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

Yep :) Sounds like they were thirsty :)

ants

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Daisy - with the heat we've had on Long Island I think they wanted more water. It may seem excessive but if they did perk up, as the others mentioned, then it was the water issue. Get some good compost and put it around the hydrangea out to the drip line - see if that helps it retain water.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

The better the drainage, the more quickly they'll need water, too. You might water the soil well and then watch it drain. That will give you some more idea about how often they need watering. Hydrangeas, in my experience, can take a little bit heavier soil and that helps hold the water for them, as well.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.