CLOSED: Moy Grandé hibiscus -aka- TX Giant hibiscus

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

This here offer is now closed until the next time I can harvest these seeds. . .

Offered for trades or U.S. postage stamps . . .

Seeds from Moy Grandé Hibiscus -aka- Texas Giant Hibiscus

Botanical name:   Hibiscus x 'Moy Grandé'
Pron.:     [Moy Grand-AY]

To read info about this plant, go to » http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/cemap/hibiscusmoy/hibiscusmoy.html

What I will need from you:

A self-addressed business-size envelope (SAE) enclosed with 74¢ in LOOSE U.S. postage stamps.  Please note on the lower left corner of the outer envelope:  "TX Giant".

My postal addy == >   http://davesgarden.com/address_exchange/view.php?user=LazLo

If you can't see the DG address exchange, send a DMail for my postal info,
using this link == >   http://davesgarden.com/tools/mail/pmail.php?q=LazLo   and request my postal mailing address.

These seeds are super easy to germinate using the "baggie" method.  They can also be very successfully started when sown ¼ in. deep in moist potting soil that has been mixed with a dash of ground cinnamon (a natural anti-fungal agent) to help prevent "damp off".  I experience germination in soil within 3-5 days during times when the temperature is at least 75ºF.

Another method using ground cinnamon is to put one-eighth tsp. ground cinnamon into a small jar or empty prescription bottle, drop in the seeds to be sown, tighten a cap onto the container, and "Shake, shake, shake . . ." thus putting a light coating of cinnamon on each seed before sowing into moist seed-starting medium or potting soil.   I've had very good germination rates, in less than a week, with this method as well.

A T B T Y !       ~       £az£o     ;--)

This message was edited Jul 7, 2010 4:12 AM

Thumbnail by LazLo
(Karen) Frankston, TX(Zone 8a)

Thank you for the offer Lazlo, I will be sending you the envelope and postage tomorrow!

Selinsgrove, PA(Zone 5b)

Thanks for the offer. Envelope and postage going out tomorrow.

Don

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Sending you some stamps, Sir..

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I'll send an envelope & postage in the morning!! Thanks a bunch!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I'm going to send one as well, should I send two SAE with postage or one SAE with double postage? :) *this and datura?*

Thank you so much,
Josh :)

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

just one envie . . . no extra postage necessary - - be sure to lemme know you want "TX Giant" & "BCS dat"

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Thank you so much, I looked through your trade list and saw you wanted Peruvian daffodil, when the die back a little I would be more than willing to send you an offset or something!

New Braunfels, TX(Zone 8b)

I'll take you up on that offer! Sending SAE and stamps tomorrow!

Tonya

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

lazlo i think i would like some of these. lmk if you still have some.

the only thing i have to trade are double purple/lavender opium poppy seeds.......these get 4-5 feet tall here. and a white with pink center hollyhock. i will be happy to send a sasbe. just lmk.

Tuskegee, AL(Zone 8a)

Does anyone know if these come true from seed? If so, I would love some.

I think I have Lime Thyme. I'll have to double check.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

yes, they come true from seed.

Tuskegee, AL(Zone 8a)

That's great. I'll search for those seeds tonight! I know I have lemon.

This message was edited Jun 29, 2010 5:17 PM

Slidell, LA(Zone 8b)

Hey Lazlo - I just wanted to say thanks for always being so generous and sharing your seeds with everyone!

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Emily - thanks! are you still looking for Moses' Blanket?

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Lazlo

I mailed off my envie with stamps and address label. Have you received it yet?

Marti

Virginia Beach, VA(Zone 7b)

Lazlo, I would love some Texas Giant Hibiscus. Will send you
postage. Right now I have a white Hardy Hibiscus from a trade
last year. This is second year and it's looking beautiful. Want
to add other colors, and it looks like Texas Giant Hibiscus is hardy.

(Karen) Frankston, TX(Zone 8a)

Got my seeds today Lazlo. Thanks for the nice extra ones too!

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Linda -

yes! they are pretty hardy, esp. if cut down to the ground in autumn when temps start being steadily 45°F or below - and well mulched. when the temps begin being steadily above 45°, uncover the stump(s) and work a bit of blood meal into the soil around it. top dressing with compost goes a long way at that time, too, to getting the stalk growth into gear. i'd give your plant plenty of room from other stuff, like about a 4 ft to 5 ft diameter of the stalk base - for sure after the 2nd year 'cause these puppies, after all, ain't called Texas Giant for nothing!

atbty ! ~ £az

Thumbnail by LazLo
Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

got my seeds. thank you so much for the wonderful spring seed pack. you said to plant now. it is raining for days now. should i wait till fall?

lazlo that was an enjoyable trade. thanks. barb

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

my envelope is in the mailbox :)

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks, Lazlo for my seeds...got 'em today! Lookin' forward to havin' those babies growin' before long! Lee

Jasper, TX

I would like some of your hibiscus seeds. Will get env, in the mail tomorrow.

New Braunfels, TX(Zone 8b)

Got my seeds this weekend! Thanks again for your generosity.

Tonya

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Got my seeds today. Thank you so much!!

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

He is a very generous person, isn't he?
Thanks, Lazlo

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

I also found, once I opened the envie that I had a bag of Lazlo's mystery mix. Thank you!!! I love the surprise that I get from that mix.
Tomorrow I'll plant the seeds. I'll let you know how I do with them.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Be-deep-be-deep-be-deep - - That's all folks!

This here offer is now closed . . .

ATBTY !       ~       £az£o    ;--)

Thumbnail by LazLo

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.