DAYLILIES FOR 2010 - WHOSE IN!?

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

OK, I know there are lots out there! I have a bunch, you probably do to so lets show them!

Here to start off is Idas Magic.

While I realllly like this daylily, she does not do good for me only giving me one fan every year and never dividing.. surely a slow grow! But very pretty!

Next!

Thumbnail by BLOSSOMBUDDY
Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

I got this cutie last year.. I will have to look up its tag...

Lake Charles, LA

love, love, love Ida's Magic!

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Ida's Magic is an evergreen daylily, which may be why she doesn't do so well for you. The evergreens usually do better in the South. Dormants usually do well in the north. I'm in the Midsouth, so I can grow the evergreens, semi-evergreens and dormants all equally well. When purchasing new daylilies, you might try more of the semis and dormants.

One of my favorites this year is Fancy Face.

Thumbnail by ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Another fave is Red Eyed Fantasy. The picture doesn't do it justice. It just stuns visitors as well as me.

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

I have lots of doubles that are really putting on a show. One of my faves is Faces of Sunset

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Pink Pompon - yes, spelled PompoN instead of PompoM. Wierd, huh?

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Yummy!!!

I just got this one in.. I try to increase my herd every year and got about 5 newbs last week. This year I picked them on name only and they were not in bloom at time of purchase so they are all surpizes.

I have never been let down from my guru on her stash of flash!

Not as fancy as your there, but I am soooo happy its a bicolor and new to my garden!

Met Knobhill!

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Oh, I love pinks! They just look so sweet and bright in the garden. One of my favorite all time pinks is Fairy Tale Pink. Do you grow this one? I love the huge veined bloom.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Knobhill bloomers

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

I have Fairy Tale pink too! Shes a sweetie.. I wil have to look her up and post tomorrow though. Looks like I best get teh dog out before the storms hit again. Keep them coming and I will catch up with more then!

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Bogie and Bacall

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Riseman's Flame - kinda old but very unique

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Rushing Delight

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Autumn Wood

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Mexican Magic

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Old is good! Most of mine are oldies! I wish I could afford some of the newbs! Holy Cow the tags on some!

Yup, here she is Fairy Tale Pink.. last years pic though.. shes not blooming here yet!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

#52...noid!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Along The Way

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

One of my hybrids.. MayMay x Midnite Magic

SHe just magically appeared one day! LOL!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Oh gads, I know what it is, but will have to look on the map for the name..
its by the fence by the Lp tank as all I know right now!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

I am pretty sure this is called Citrina.. but I think its a species.

Ignor the long grass... mowing here has not been an option with all the rain!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Magic Quest

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

I know what it is.. but will have to check my garden map.. boy my memory is getting bad!

Im thinking Ron Rossuae or something like that..

Yup, its Ron Roussuae, but heck if I am good on the spelling!

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Oooh, I like that Ron Roussuae! But I vow to never own a daylily I can't pronounce. (So tell me how to say it! LOL)

Blossombuddy, check the Classifieds Section here. Floweringchild, I think it is, has a wonderful daylily sale going. Some nice daylilies are only $3/DF. I just got my order from her, and even though she said a df, she sent 3, 4, and even 5 fans of many of the ones I ordered. And they're nice big fans too. I got a nice chunk of Bridal Path for only $3 and another nice chunk of Jamaican Me Crazy for $7 along with others. I wanted more, but budget and space only allows so much.

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

I bought some also and received my yesterday. They were HUGE! I got Jamaican Me Crazy and Fancy Face as well as several more. I am also running out of space!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Sounds like a deal there.. I think?!

I rarely will pay over $5-6 a clump though! Or try to do trades and right now Im kinda in a bind for doing trades...but D-mail me and try to convince me - Im just reallly booked for time.

Lemme see.. Ron.. you for that half right!!!

RU-SEW..

Lets try it !

RON RU-SEW!

LOL!

Ok, for grins, whats the link to that sale?!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Iris, you gotsta post the pic! LOL!

Heres....Milk Chocolate, I do beleive, but will have to re-check the label...

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Here's a link to the sale in the Classifieds:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1107421/

There are other sales too. I don't know what she has left since the sale has been going on a while. By default, I think the ads stay in the Classifieds for only two weeks, so you better get there quick. And just keeping checking the Classifieds for new sales by various members. You can get some really great plants that way.

Ok, I can say that. I used to work with a Dr. Rousseau (spelled differently but pronounced the same way).

Actually I just looked your Ron R up on Tinkers, and it's spelled Rousseau too! I love the form. I'll add it to my wish list. And if I ever find space for it, maybe I'll find a place to buy it. Right now, I'm eyeing the vacant lot next door (my brother's), and I'm betting in a few years it won't be vacant anymore! :-)

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Your spelling is better than mine! Some day sI cant spell werth a hoot! LOL!

Id gobble up either of your Fancy Face, Rushing Delight and that Red Eyed Fantasy in a heartbeat! Boagie and Bacall is on my desires too! Course I would take in any DL that I dont already have!

Here is Full Rewards..nice hefty flower, good yellow and oh so nice and fragrant! The pic makes it look too white...

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Scaramouche

Just gotta wonder where they get the names!! LOL!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Splishsplash.. after a rain... we wain!

Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

Did you say "Daylilies"?? Have a few of them.

Thumbnail by amorecuore
Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Whose that one with the dark purple eye? I like it!

That's "Forgotten Dreams". That is, by far, my best blooming Daylily. It has put out well over 100 blooms and is just beginning to rebloom from newly formed scapes.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Got a single shot of it??

Here's "Forgotten Dreams" triplets.

Thumbnail by amorecuore
Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

YOur forgotten dreamslooks like my Scaramouche above!

Heres Barbie Doll

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

that reminds me.....I have Barbie Doll somewhere! I will have to go looking for her tomorrow!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

No name, but a consistant polytepetal.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.