Is this blight?

Mentor, OH

I'm hoping someone can identify whatever is on my bush beans. We have had a lot of very warm, humid, sunny weather for the past two weeks with almost no rain. Someone suggested it might be sunburn, but I fear it's some type of blight. I appreciate any help.

Thumbnail by psudan
Mentor, OH

Here is another picture.

Thumbnail by psudan
Mentor, OH

One more pic.

Thumbnail by psudan
Readyville, TN(Zone 7a)

Could just be sun burn. I would probably go ahead and spray though with a fungicide such as Mancozeb just to be on the safe side. It is safe for vegetables and was recommended as one that is safe to use in a Master Gardener's class that I took in the spring. I've used it this year on everything including my flowers and am happy with it. I'm in Tennessee and it is very humid here so we have to use a fungicide regimen to keep everything looking pretty. The recommendation is to spray every 7 to 10 days throughout the growing season.

Mentor, OH

I forgot to mention that I dusted with a small amount of Sevin since some of the plants had been eaten on by bugs. The white residue in some pics is the Sevin that hasn't washed off. Is it possible that the sun and heat caused the Sevin to burn.

Morrisville, PA(Zone 6b)

I suggest you visit the following site

I am against ever using sevin.

http://www.grandcountywater.com/CarbarylInsecticideHazardData.htm

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.